Conference TV Networks | Syracusefan.com

Conference TV Networks

JJReddawg

All Conference
One thing I’ve noticed is the big difference between how the announcers are on the B1G/SEC Networks vs. the ACC Network.

B1G/SEC Networks
Main focus is on the B1G/SEC team. Very little backstory or critiquing of the other team. Big plays by the other team aren’t “huge” calls by the announcers.

ACC Network
I’ll know way more about the non-conference team than I’d ever want to. Announcers randomly excited about a 1 yard TFL on 1st down by the non-conference team. Constantly talking up the non-conference team so you think they are better than they actually are.

Anyone else notice this or do I need to take off my tinfoil hat?

One thing I’ve noticed is the big difference between how the announcers are on the B1G/SEC Networks vs. the ACC Network.

B1G/SEC Networks
Main focus is on the B1G/SEC team. Very little backstory or critiquing of the other team. Big plays by the other team aren’t “huge” calls by the announcers.

ACC Network
I’ll know way more about the non-conference team than I’d ever want to. Announcers randomly excited about a 1 yard TFL on 1st down by the non-conference team. Constantly talking up the non-conference team so you think they are better than they actually are.

Anyone else notice this or do I need to take off my tinfoil hat?

I haven’t noticed it - but it wouldn’t shock me and I’d chalk it up to cultural differences in announcing style. Northeastern/Mid-Atlantic announcers tend to call games in an unbiased way, midwestern and Deep South are often wildly biased in favor of the home team. Pennsylvania is something of a dividing line - when I’m stuck watching Pittsburgh channels, I’ll mute the TV and try to sync it up with a radio feed because of their announcers (Penguins are hilariously awful). Philly announcers are way less biased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom