Confidence rating for each game this year... | Syracusefan.com

Confidence rating for each game this year...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
1 = If we win this game, I will not remember any of it because I will have drank a handle of my favorite liquor.
5 = If we win, the wife/husband might get lucky. If we lose...the wife/husband might get lucky.
10 = If we lost this game I may walk into the middle of the road.

Here we go:

Game 1 vs. Louisville Sep. 3, 8 pm
It is the beginning of the season, and I am always irrationally confident. We were taken out back and beaten like a redheaded stepchild at their place last year. NONE OF THAT MATTERS! The revenge tour begins here.
C Rating: 6.5 (A solid one-wall punch game. If we lose, two. My knuckles will be sore)

Game 2 @ UConn Sep. 10, 7 pm

If we lose to these schlubs at the low rent, I'm not going to be happy. Mora has them headed in the right direction, but that's a multiyear rebuild back to mediocrity.
C Rating: 9 (If we lose, I'll need some new sheetrock)

Game 3 vs. Purdue Sep. 17, 12 pm

A nooner at the dome. Recently they have often been snoozefests. I remember in '98 when UT came to town in an early game, and people had been drinking special punch out of trash cans since 5 am. Let's hope the crowd comes out for this one. I don't know much about Purdue, but a boilermaker is a damn tasty drink.
C Rating: 5 (I hope they can eke this one out. If they don't, my new sheet rock will receive a headbutt to its solar plexus)

Game 4 vs. Virginia Sep. 23, 7 pm

A Friday night contest at the dome! People will be lubed up and ready to be loud. Tony Elliott is a new coach, with a brand new system install happening. I think the crowd and the new install give 'Cuse the edge.
C Rating: 7 (I live in Virginia. and I have many UVA friends. If SU loses this game, I will be pelted with tennis balls by those Polo-wearing nancies. Two forearm shivers to my beleaguered living room wall if we lose)

Game 5 vs. Wagner Oct. 1, TBD

Damn good composer, damn poor football team. Flight of the Valkyrie will be played loud and proud as SU pounds them.
C Rating: 10 (If we lose this game I will personally drive to Syracuse and fire Dino myself, and put a hole through HIS living room wall)

Game 6 vs. NC State Oct. 15, TBD

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling we're going to pull a decent-sized upset this year. NC State is hyped beyond belief this year, and it's deserved. They are a solid team from top to bottom. Call it gut instinct, but I think SU pulls this one out. The bye week, the actual time of this game, and the hype around it will be key.
C Rating: 5.5 (I have now installed some steel paneling and break my hand on it if we lose. I'll be casted up but ready to contribute the next game)

Game 7 @ Clemson Oct. 22, TBD

Coming off an emotional home win and carrying a 5-1 record into this game, the Orange come crashing back down to Earth. A loss with hopefully no serious injuries, and a defensive struggle against the Tigers.
C Rating: 2.5 (If we win, Jack Daniels stock will rise 200 points the following Monday thanks to yours truly. My hand has some time to heal as I'm not expecting a win anyways)

Game 8 vs. Notre Dame Oct. 29, TBD

The crowd will be hyped, the team will be focused, and the refs will be Notre Dame subway alums. A tough loss from a game Syracuse team. SU fans talk about the robbery that took place in this game for decades.
C Rating: 3.5 (If we win, I'll headbutt my TV in celebration and it will crash down onto the floor. I will have no recollection of this the next day, but will know something bad happened when I'm sleeping on my driveway the next morning)

Game 9 @ Pitt Nov. 5, TBD

We always seem to play poorly at Pitt. This year is no exception. Pitt is overrated but still gives the 'Cuse fits. This all comes down to the last quarter. I like our chances with Sean Tucker but it feels like a game we would typically lose.
C Rating: 4.5 (If we win this one, my wife will let me sleep in my own bed again, but the dulcet tones of Matt Park on the radio and the haunting visage of Pat Narduzzi will leave me sleepless in the Shenandoah Valley)

Game 10 vs FSU Nov. 12, TBD

6 wins, here we come! FSU has unraveled by this point in the season and the fan base is screaming for the administration to exhume Bobby Bowden's corpse. They do, and a new ESPN 30 for 30 called Weekend at Bobby's follows the wacky antics of Bobby and his friends. The documentary breaks all sorts of television rating records. Unfortunately, his mummified corpse can't rally them to victory at the dome.
C Rating: 6.5 (If we lose this one, I'll be buying a new TV because Matt Park and my radio will be flung off the highest ledge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in my unmitigated rage)

Game 11 @ Wake Forest Nov. 19, TBD

Of COURSE, Sam Hartman is back for this game because we are SU, and don't deserve nice things. His second game back and he's slinging darts. The Demon Deacons have no answers for Sean Tucker though, and with the 6-win monkey off SU's back, they play poised and relaxed. A high-scoring affair, but Phil's kid can't lead the Deacs back in this one. He cries because he lost and because TNT just happens to be playing a Simpsons marathon that night featuring all the episodes with Lionel Hutz.
C Rating: 5.5 (If we lose this one, I will weep silently in the darkness and sip brandy while my wife furiously scours the internet for a divorce lawyer. Lionel Hutz is unfortunately not available)

Game 12 @ Boston College Nov. 26, TBD

SU carries a 7-4 record into this rivalry game that no one in either fanbase cares about that much. The ACC unveils a rivalry trophy for this one. The much-ballyhooed "Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Trophy will sit in a vacant storage room in the training facility of the victorious team. It will be a one-off because the winning team forgets where they stored it, and it sits unused with jock straps and old shoulder pads littered around it. The Eagles are decimated from injuries, but an unknown RB turned CB called Fiamond Derri emerges for the Beagles and wins them the game.
C Rating: 5 (If we lose this game at BC, and they have no fans, does it make a sound? I hate theoretical science questions. I'm living in a van down by the river and don't get to see the game, but don't even realize it because I've decided to take a really dangerous ride with a stunning succubus called shabu. I'm found floating in said river the next morning. My wife mourns my idiocy)

So there you have it! SU finishes the season bowling with a 7-5 record and your intrepid narrator is buried in a potters field on Nov. 29th. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

I’m not going to take the time to rate each game, but I do know UConn and Wagner are my only games above a 5.
Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I been fooled too many times before…

2-10 to 6-6

guessing in the 3-5 win range

Louisville : 3. Should be a 5-6 but they own us and I need to see it to believe it.
UConn: 10.
Purdue: 3.
Virginia: 6
Wagner: 10
NC State: 4
Clemson: 1
ND: 2
Pitt: 3
FSU: 4
Wake: 3
BC: 5

Loui
Louisville : 3. Should be a 5-6 but they own us and I need to see it to believe it.
UConn: 10.
Purdue: 3.
Virginia: 6
Wagner: 10
NC State: 4
Clemson: 1
ND: 2
Pitt: 3
FSU: 4
Wake: 3
BC: 5
Louisville was 6-7 last year. The defense is mediocre. The coach is likely gone after this year.

If we can’t beat them in game one, at home, with 17 returning starters and our coaching competence upgrades on O and ST, we don’t have a winning season ahead.

It’s not a must-win game, but Lville has really gotten into our heads because they’ve won three straight.

My three locks are Wagner Puppies and ND

Big fan of the Wagner comment. I will say that I’m not sure I follow the lack of confidence against BC, I dont think they are a very deep team and considering it’s the last game of the year and you (and I) expect them to be limping in with a lot of injuries, they should be ripe for Syracuse (who will also be injured but like, come on, Sean Tucker is in our side!) taking them down. Idk maybe I just don’t respect BC as a sports team so I get over confident.

Last edited:
1 = If we win this game, I will not remember any of it because I will have drank a handle of my favorite liquor.
5 = If we win, the wife/husband might get lucky. If we lose...the wife/husband might get lucky.
10 = If we lost this game I may walk into the middle of the road.

Here we go:

{snip}

Game 4 vs. Virginia Sep. 23, 7 pm
A Friday night contest at the dome! People will be lubed up and ready to be loud. Tony Elliott is a new coach, with a brand new system install happening. I think the crowd and the new install give 'Cuse the edge.
C Rating: 7 (I live in Virginia. and I have many UVA friends. If SU loses this game, I will be pelted with tennis balls by those Polo-wearing nancies. Two forearm shivers to my beleaguered living room wall if we lose)

{snip}

So there you have it! SU finishes the season bowling with a 7-5 record and your intrepid narrator is buried in a potters field on Nov. 29th. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.
"Polo-wearing nancies"? {snicker} You forgot to mention our khaki pants and Top Siders.

Last edited:
Loui

Louisville was 6-7 last year. The defense is mediocre. The coach is likely gone after this year.

If we can’t beat them in game one, at home, with 17 returning starters and our coaching competence upgrades on O and ST, we don’t have a winning season ahead.

It’s not a must-win game, but Lville has really gotten into our heads because they’ve won three straight.
I agree but the last few years watching them against us it has sort of looked like the Varsity running against the JV. Their people just looked better than our people, and its frustrating as if you watch Louisville in other games I don't notice that discrepancy.

look at the last 5 Lou games

they scored 41 on 370 yds of offense, thats hard to do
they scored 30 on 400 yds
they scored 56 on 600 yds.. clearly we played poorly
they scored 23 on 400 yds. more like you hope the D can play
they scored 56 on 700 yds.. this was scare bad

so of the 5 games. 2 they dominated the other 3 that had 400 yds and two of those scored 30 or less..

Our bigger issue was SU scoring 3, 0, 34, 54, 10. no offense, wore down the D, that actually played well enough in 3 of those games.

so of the 5 games. 2 they dominated the other 3 that had 400 yds and two of those scored 30 or less..

Our bigger issue was SU scoring 3, 0, 34, 54, 10. no offense, wore down the D, that actually played well enough in 3 of those games.
Notice the 23 was when we had Eric as a Senior, and the offense was scoring. If this offense can put points on the board consistently, we will win at least 8 games.

On the plus side, Llvll’s D isn’t supposed to be nearly as good as their O this year.

And I’ve gotta imagine our O will be the best since 2018, since we’ve got a solid OC & QB coach, an AA RB, a QB who can definitely do some Dungey-esque things w his legs (and now hopefully arm - see: Beck).

Our back 8 on D are as good as any team in the ACC.
Just need the DL rotation to be serviceable.

ST’s can only improve from the last year or 2.

Louisville - 7 (Mikel will take Malik out in the 1st half)
UConn - 9 (Will Randy Edsall sit w/CUSE fans)
Purdue - 6 (Payback from the 51 - 0 shellacking last time teams played)
UVA - 7 (No one beats the CUSE on Friday night)
Wagner - 10 (The Impractical Jokers favorite team)
NCS - 3 (These guys are good)
Clemson - 2 (Try to keep it close and maybe a 2018 type game is in-line)
ND - 6 (Tucker does a Walter Reyes and CUSE wins by two td's)
Pitt - 5 (Maybe this is our year to beat the Panthers but what a nice job Narduzzi has done)
FSU - 8 (Shrader will run wild again)
Wake - 6 (Should have beaten them in '21 and game will be close)
BC - 6 (Slugfest in Beantown with D winning this game in last two minutes)
Overall, I see an 8 - 4 record with a bowl game.
CHEERS!

4-8
4-8
10-3
5-7
1-10
5-7

4.5 wins according to the mean. Based upon the schedule, I'll default to 4-8. Unfortunately, as far as Babers goes...the more things change the more things stay the same. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom