Confirmed: UConn to ConferenceUSA | Syracusefan.com

Confirmed: UConn to ConferenceUSA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The sad thing is, that could easily have been us had we not jumped on the ACC move when we did. Still hilarious though.

I feel bad for them even though I am not a fan of UConn. If we didn't get a lifeline thrown our way we would be dying. I think eventually some conference will snap them up, but they really are on the Titanic right now.

I think eventually some conference will snap them up

5128_full.jpg

What's wrong with having UB as their rival now?

:rolling:

What's wrong with having UB as their rival now?

:rolling:
according to their poster upstater, UB can be a better program than syracuse in no time.

Calhoun must have really pissed some people off during his heyday. It's the only thing I can think of as to why UConn is made to suffer like this. I mean they never even got a sniff from a big boy conference. I think fate gave them that Kemba Walker national championship as a last supper gift to tide them over. I'm serious.

I feel bad for true UCONN fans that this is happening to their team. That sucks and I worry about CUSE when it comes to realignment and the four conference model if the ACC is not one of the 4. However to the UCONN tool who taunted me in the Dome a few years back and screamed in my face "welcome to the big east" Even if this is a short lived exile and you also at some point get a lifeline thrown your way enjoy being the greeter at the Walmart door to the new big east...

It's a damn shame that a program that has three national championships in the last 15 years gets left out and a sh.t hole of a program like Rutgers gets in. I'm really going to miss the battles with UCONN on the hardwood. That is the one team I wanted to beat every year for the last 15 years. More so then Gtown.

I would have felt bad if not for all the tough guys at Gampel last winter saying "have fun in the ACC" and "you're just going to be another BC". To which I replied "enjoy Conference USA". Didn't think it would be true but .

Also, all the Bernie Fine stuff and the beers being thrown at the bar before the game.

Never too soon. I imagine if that happened, the Boneyarders would demand that a prerequisite to their beloved Huskies joining would be renaming of the conference to the UCONNferenceUSA because...3 championships!!!!

im pissed storz even landed in confusa. was hoping theyd be in the mac.

totally useless program, totally.

F storz

Maxwell - well said. I will not boast on the demise of another school - SU may be in the same boat when conference realignment finally ends. However, on the athletic side, I hope UConn loses against the Cuse forever.

Su2nasa - very unclassy post and thread. I thought the football side was better than this.

I'm conflicted:

First off it sucks what happened to them (UConn) as I wouldn't want to be in their situation...but my feeling has been they fell into a BCS league by the good fortune of being in the right place at the right time. So I don't feel that bad...they have been playing Big Boy FB for about 5 minutes. To go from Yankee League mediocrity to being signed up to play in a league with Miami, Cuse and VTech only after having to get your state to build you a 40,000 seat erector set on a runway is pretty lucky and galling to schools who have been doing it for over 100 years. They didn't pay their dues. They can handle being in U-CONNference USA'13 .

I understand the "zero sum game" of recruiting in the NE. Rutgers wins the cable box game and without doing a friggin thing ever in college sports...is elevated into one of the Top 3 conferences with two built in rivals within 3-4 hours...so they can use that over us. I think our tradition helps but only to a degree. I think Rutgers to the B1G in the long run will be a competitive wash for them but they will get to spend like Jersey Shore Trash who just won the lottery with extorted cable fees...but alas they will be a Minnesota in Football due to being Rutgers...something about that school just makes anything good suck. Having UConn knocked down a notch would help both Rutgers and us recruit at higher levels. One less Big 5 mouth to feed. So I'm good with UConn being in U-CONNference USA'13.

On the flip side:

Having another league member (UConn) 250 miles away is nice. We have a good Hoops rivalry with them and it is always nice to have little brother around. Having another NE team is great for Hoops. The school unlike Rutgers actually produces excellence in teams. Finally if Delany thinks UConn is valid as a cable box add...we lose as a league another chunk of the NYC market and it could really eat into our recruiting. BC and Cuse would be on a lonely island in the NE.

Almost better to have UConn tag along. A Catch-22.

Rather than denigrate what they have done in football, it is more accurate to give them credit for building a decent program from nothing. They have achieved far more than any other BB program in the last 10 years and their women's BB is nothing short of legendary.

UConn is not going away. In the long run the ACC is better off with UConn in the fold and so are we.

TM - I am conflicted only so much. Let's say the B1G picks up UConn and say Kansas - UConn and RU will be limited to recruiting in the NE. They wont be able to recruit up and down the east coast like SU and BC. The best NJ recruits will go Ped St, Ohio St and/or MIch before they go to RU and UConn. SU will be able to continue to attract kids all the way down to FL.

To me this is the best case scenario if B1G picks up UConn and especially Kansas. I think SU would thrive under this scenario. So I dont want UConn in the ACC and neither does BC.

Finally its all about winning - SU has a much better shot at consistently having winning moving forward than RU and UConn.

TM - I am conflicted only so much. Let's say the B1G picks up UConn and say Kansas - UConn and RU will be limited to recruiting in the NE. They wont be able to recruit up and down the east coast like SU and BC. The best NJ recruits will go Ped St, Ohio St and/or MIch before they go to RU and UConn. SU will be able to continue to attract kids all the way down to FL.

To me this is the best case scenario if B1G picks up UConn and especially Kansas. I think SU would thrive under this scenario. So I dont want UConn in the ACC and neither does BC.

Finally its all about winning - SU has a much better shot at consistently having winning moving forward than RU and UConn.

So you must be okay when B1G games will be on basic tier on cable boxes in NYC and the ABC GOTW is showing UConn vs tOSU instead of Cuse vs FSU?

if the b1g wants new england, it takes BC. it most certainly wont take storz.

the b1g will want Boston, not a freakin cow pasture in central to western ct.

the eyeballs are in boston, storz doesnt give them boston eyeballs as easily.

i also dont see the ACC losing anyone, so their membership drive is finished for quite some time.

the bevo? well that stupidarse conf needs to get to at least 12 soon. i still have no idea what makes them so goddamn attractive and how they can stay at 10 while doing so is beyond me.

maybe storz goes there, but i hope not.

F storz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom