Congrats on getting a Tangerine Bowl invite! | Syracusefan.com

Congrats on getting a Tangerine Bowl invite!

I'm curious to see what Georgia team is going to show up for that game, an angry one or disinterested? Don't think they'll fake a punt in this game.

It stinks that this is an off year for the Orange bowl but it probably works out well. I don't think anybody wants to be the next to play Georgia right now.
i think it would be Syracuse vs Florida in the Orange Bowl, unless the Sugar was in the Semi, but thanks. would have been exciting match ups either way

Last edited:
I am 100% cheering for Clemson in the CFP. As ACC brethren, we should all be cheering for our conference to dismantle all of the competition. Sick and tired of the "ACC is not a football conference" crap. Curbstomp ND, then take Bama to the cleaners... again.

I expect the same class out of Clemson fans when Syracuse represents the ACC in the CFP next season.

Camping World is the Tangerine Bowl?

Tangerine Bowl rolls of the tongue so much better.

It was the Blockbuster Bowl in Miami, then Carquest, then Micron PC. Then moved to Orlando and became the Tangerine Bowl for a bit before Champs Sports, Russell Athletic, and now being named after the stadium it's played in.

It was the Blockbuster Bowl in Miami, then Carquest, then Micron PC. Then moved to Orlando and became the Tangerine Bowl for a bit before Champs Sports, Russell Athletic, and now being named after the stadium it's played in.
I don’t get how people have trouble following these names.

Next year it will be “the Blockbuster Memorial Russell Athletic Tangerine Bowl Presented by Champs Sports, and brought to you by Carquest, Micron PC, and Camping World.”

I don’t get how people have trouble following these names.

Next year it will be “the Blockbuster Memorial Russell Athletic Tangerine Bowl Presented by Champs Sports, and brought to you by Carquest, Micron PC, and Camping World.”
Will the East Westchester Northstars, champions of the southern league be playing?

Well that really stinks then because Cuse would boat race Florida
But could cause issues at home for me. ;)
I’ll be racing back from Orlando to Atlana to see the Gators take on Michigan at noon the next day.

Camping World is the Tangerine Bowl?

Tangerine Bowl rolls off the tongue so much better.
I just call it by the basic name. The sponsors change so often now that I get tired of trying to remember the new sponsor every year. The Tangerine changed to the Citrus Bowl in the '80s but when Orlando started hosting a second game they gave it the old Tangerine tag. Clemson played in it in '02 vs Texas Tech I believe so it's just always been the Blah da Blah Tangerine Bowl to me.

It stinks that this is an off year for the Orange bowl but it probably works out well. I don't think anybody wants to be the next to play Georgia right now.

Not sure why some are saying this, but the orange bowl is alive and well and part of the playoff rotation. How do we see things changing if the Orange bowl was not on the playoff mix.

Not sure why some are saying this, but the orange bowl is alive and well and part of the playoff rotation. How do we see things changing if the Orange bowl was not on the playoff mix.
If the Orange Bowl was not in the rotation this year, the CFP game would be in another bowl and SU, as the ACC runner-up, would be in the Orange Bowl.

Clemson to CFP.
Syracuse to Orange.

congratulations on the Camping World bid. Well earned and deserved.
Syracuse vs WVu is a game that many folks want to see, with lots of good story lines. Two ranked teams, high octane offenses, history ... frames up as one of the better bowls.
Gator Bowl is a good landing spot for the Wolfpack, but Tx A&M will no doubt be a tough match up. Still no complaints - it's a bowl with some tradition and pretty accessible for a lot of State fans.
It's good that both SU and NCST were able to go somewhere other Pinstripe and Belk. Those are fine bowls and offer convenience - but it's "been there, done that" for both the schools (and the bowls)
Not sure how Miami feels about NY, but Virginia is a good choice for the Belk. They have not played in Charlotte for several years, but drew very well when they did.
Look forward to seeing all of the ACC teams in bowl season - we need to notch a few wins to wipe out some of the shade being tossed our way about football.
Enjoy Orlando and good luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom