Congrats to Sarah Fuller | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to Sarah Fuller

Yeah, I don't know. She kicked the ball off to the 35, nothing special by any means, she didn't even have thigh pads in. I don't think I've ever seen a modern football player without full padding.

Yeah, I don't know. She kicked the ball off to the 35, nothing special by any means, she didn't even have thigh pads in. I don't think I've ever seen a modern football player without full padding.
Looked like a planned kick there so that she wasn't on the field against a full kick return and would need to be involved in the coverage. Did her job, well done.

201127144212-02-sarah-fuller-vanderbilt-football-kicker-spt-trnd-large-169.jpg

You don’t know what? My goodness just let people applaud a momentous event.

No, she won’t be kicking in the NFL. Happy now?

Question, did they have an open try out that she won? Or did they go looking for a women who could kick to make a statement? If she won an open try out then I am all for it and that is awesome. Vandy should be commended. If it was just a publicity stunt then Vandy should be ashamed.

Question, did they have an open try out that she won? Or did they go looking for a women who could kick to make a statement? If she won an open try out then I am all for it and that is awesome. Vandy should be commended. If it was just a publicity stunt then Vandy should be ashamed.
She's the goalie on their SEC championship soccer team. She can boot it. Their kickers are quarantined.

All the students had already left campus. She is the starting goalie for the women's soccer team that had just won the SEC championship. Plus, in this covid world, it isn't as easy as just adding anyone. She was already under the surveillance of the athletic department in regards to that also.

It was a publicity stunt - but Vandy Football is decimated and Women’s Soccer was one of the few groups of people on campus, so they asked, and she said yes.

All the students had already left campus. She is the starting goalie for the women's soccer team that had just won the SEC championship. Plus, in this covid world, it isn't as easy as just adding anyone. She was already under the surveillance of the athletic department in regards to that also.

Ok that makes sense. Glad it was worthy and not some political statement.

If they had no other real options then is it really a publicity stunt?
They have options to do what they had her do.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it was a cool moment, but they can ask anyone on that team to squib kick.

It’s a crazy year, Vandy isn’t going anywhere, so they decided to make history instead. Not a bad thing.

LMAO at y'all getting butt hurt for no reason ... I saw the story of her making the team, and was hoping she'd get a FG or an XP. But she didn't really do anything. Hopefully she gets a chance to do something in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom