Congrats to Trevor Cooney | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to Trevor Cooney

MadNY3

All American
...on his ninth - 9th - straight mediocre to subpar game.

It's been a looooooong time since a starter performing so well has flamed out so miserably for so long. Over a month. It's his third year in college, so truly disappointing and hard to imagine a streak ending magically after such a stretch of wince-inducing offense.

Sigh.

Go Orange.

You really have to wonder if its more mental or more physical. I'm sure JAB still sees him as an asset or why else would he keep playing him.

...on his ninth - 9th - straight mediocre to subpar game.

It's been a looooooong time since a starter performing so well has flamed out so miserably for so long. Over a month. It's his third year in college, so truly disappointing and hard to imagine a streak ending magically after such a stretch of wince-inducing offense.

Sigh.

Go Orange.

Ithaca Barrel is owed an apology. Shaky Spuds fo' sho'.

cliftonparksufan said:
You really have to wonder if its more mental or more physical. I'm sure JAB still sees him as an asset or why else would he keep playing him.

He's our 2 guard next year. Like it I or not. I've been questioning JB's recruiting for several years now.

Why do people keep praising him for "working harder than ever, shooting 1000 shots before/after practice". Maybe he's tiring himself out and needs to rest after practice? Save some of those "automatic makes" for actual games.

He's our 2 guard next year. Like it I or not. I've been questioning JB's recruiting for several years now.

I don't think it's actual recruiting, but it's his refusal to play the highly rated prospects until their sophmore seasons. Play the kids early, get them comfortable. How bad can they be? Right now we have 3 guards, if 2 of them are in the tank we are screwed. We don't know what Buss or BJ can do? It's better to have 4 options then 2.

Tony Bland(the biggest reason that 19-0 2000 team faded), Deshaun Williams(he sucked after Jan. every season) 2nd half slump territory at this point. Maybe worse.

At this point you have to wonder if hes just not that good. its year 3 and hes shooting about 25% in conference. Hes not in a slump hes just not a great shooter. i dont care how good he is in practice he the exact opposite when it counts.

JeremyCuse said:
At this point you have to wonder if hes just not that good. its year 3 and hes shooting about 25% in conference. Hes not in a slump hes just not a great shooter. i dont care how good he is in practice he the exact opposite when it counts.

Cooney was only part of the problem tonight. Our offense just sucks in general, and it comes down to a coach who doesn't know how to coach offense.i know Ill catch crap for this, but JB doesn't know how to coach offense.

Tony Bland(the biggest reason that 19-0 2000 team faded), Deshaun Williams(he sucked after Jan. every season) 2nd half slump territory at this point. Maybe worse.

Great post! Bland absolutely KILLED the 2000 team. I remember begging for them to play freshman Deshaun and more of the double PG of Hart and Griffin.

Dcuse said:
That is a joke,right?

Why? We've underachieved based on our recruiting.

He's the only "legitimate" three point shooter teams have to worry about defending. Ennis can make some but he doesn't take many. Once teams saw that he was it they started defending him much better. His one or two drives to the hoop a game don't make the defense worry about that aspect of his game. He got so used to having to shooting a rushed shot because he was rarely open that now even when he is open he rushes his shot. We need to recruit some shooters who can play the 2-3 zone, instead of guys who can play the 2-3 zone and possibly develop into shooters. It isn't a coincidence that the last time we had more than one consistent three point threat was also the last time we had a team that with a decent offense.

Why? We've underachieved based on our recruiting.
I don't think that was being said when we were undefeated.

Losing Coleman hurt us bad this year. Losing Xmas' ability to stay out of foul trouble hurt us worse. Our inside presence isn't what it should be and that affects our perimeter game as well.

Cooney was only part of the problem tonight. Our offense just sucks in general, and it comes down to a coach who doesn't know how to coach offense.i know Ill catch crap for this, but JB doesn't know how to coach offense.
Take 24 hours before posting. This post is ridiculous. This game was lost in the first 12 minutes of the game when we missed like 25 open shots. Coaching offense has nothing to do with going on the floor and making shots for your lame shooting team.

Its not all on him but when u get two looks to tie the game in the closing seconds you have to at least hit the rim. Cooney hit the top of the back board and then a near air ball. a great shooter nails one of though looks. Guarantee one of dukes guards nails that shot

Great post! Bland absolutely KILLED the 2000 team. I remember begging for them to play freshman Deshaun and more of the double PG of Hart and Griffin.

So did I! I loved freshman Deshaun. Bland started hot, but he was completely cooked about midway through that 2000 season. Griffin got moth-balled that season, and then came back strong as a senior. I was 100% sure that Bland was our 4th best guard that year.

But then Deshaun faded just as badly, if not worse, during his soph. and Junior season. He went from an athletic looking guy who had turned the corner and had it all together who could shoot in November, to a fat brick chucking nutcase by March in both of those seasons.

So did I! I loved freshman Deshaun. Bland started hot, but he was completely cooked about midway through that 2000 season. Griffin got moth-balled that season, and then came back strong as a senior. I was 100% sure that Bland was our 4th best guard that year.

But then Deshaun faded just as badly, if not worse, during his soph. and Junior season. He went from an athletic looking guy who had turned the corner and had it all together who could shoot in November, to a fat brick chucking nutcase by March in both of those seasons.
That dude could drink though!

Meshaun had a great right hook. Smokin' Joe Frazier even respected it...and Otto definitely did.

That dude could drink though!

I believe it! I just assumed too much drinking and too much in season Varsity pizza and 3:00 Am McDonalds runs is what took him off the rails every year.

Congratulations for one of the biggest and most pointless a****** threads in the history of this board.
in my opinion it should be deleted because there shouldn't be threads calling out individual players. maybe that only applies to certain players and not others, it's hard to know what the unwritten policies of this board may be.