Connolly ACC preview | Syracusefan.com

Connolly ACC preview

I don’t think it’s outrageous to say Dino’s coaching for his job vs Ohio. Which is depressing but he got himself there.

If we lose September 4th, we probably see a half or less filled dome all year aside from Rutgers and Clemson

I get why Bill Connelly took the ESPN job but these “previews” suuuuck compared to the team-by-team ones he did at SBN. Those were the best.

ESPN is trash outside of broadcasting games.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to say Dino’s coaching for his job vs Ohio. Which is depressing but he got himself there.

If we lose September 4th, we probably see a half or less filled dome all year aside from Rutgers and Clemson
We’re going to be underdogs at Ohio, too. I think we win partly because we’re not as bad as the ratings suggest and partly because I can’t stomach admitting the Dino era is cooked.

But Vegas will probably have us 3-7 points dogs on the road at a MAC school to open the season in a must win game. Yikes.

you go back and look at Ohio lines against the p5 schools the last 3-4 yrs and it was pretty much a Pick em game at home or +3+4 against all of them.. they were +4 at Pitt in 2019 +5 at virg..

so playing them at home not really a surprise if they were favored by a small number

Prior to last year Ohio has been to 5 straight bowl games and 10 out of the last 11 years.

I haven't read a season preview in probably 10 years. I think we've pretty much been picked to finish last in conference every season going back to 2004.

75% win probability over Albany.

40% win probability over Ohio.

Stop reading.
40% win translates to us being a 3 point underdog vs Ohio. That seems about right to me.

75% win probability vs Albany translates to us being 7 point favorites. I agree that seems way too low. That spread seems like it should be closer to like 17-20 points.

40% win translates to us being a 3 point underdog vs Ohio. That seems about right to me.

Maybe I was just too depressed by it to keep reading.

Isn’t GRob still the only coach to lose to a MAC team? (He did it twice).

Akron in the Dome remains the only game I’ve ever walked out of early in complete disgust.

They left Chestnut backside manned up with no Safety help all day as he was repeatedly beat over the top. Meanwhile, I believe the Zips still ran for 2 bills.

He's not wrong...Cuse was terrible so naturally they are projected to be terrible again because they don't have a lot of proven commodities. Now let's surprise them!

Akron in the Dome remains the only game I’ve ever walked out of early in complete disgust.

They left Chestnut backside manned up with no Safety help all day as he was repeatedly beat over the top. Meanwhile, I believe the Zips still ran for 2 bills.

The amount of 3rd and 15 plays they converted made my head spin, and a couple were draw plays where they were playing for field position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom