Connor Cannizzaro | Syracusefan.com

Connor Cannizzaro

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
As he developed as a star lacrosse prospect at Cazenovia High School, Connor Cannizzaro was already a big Syracuse University fan.

He avidly followed the Orange growing up, and was excited when that school showed interest in having him play the sport in an SU jersey.

But when college decision time came, Cannizzaro was struck by a life-changing thought.

"I felt like if I went to Syracuse I would have stayed in Syracuse forever,'' he said.

Cannizzaro didn't necessarily view that as a bad fate. But he has all the rest of his life to enjoy Central New York.

His talents demanded that he get out and see the lacrosse world, and that he's certainly done.

Cazenovia's Connor Cannizzaro will always be remembered as a true pioneer of Denver lacrosse

The Right Fit

As he developed as a star lacrosse prospect at Cazenovia High School, Connor Cannizzaro was already a big Syracuse University fan.

He avidly followed the Orange growing up, and was excited when that school showed interest in having him play the sport in an SU jersey.

But when college decision time came, Cannizzaro was struck by a life-changing thought.

"I felt like if I went to Syracuse I would have stayed in Syracuse forever,'' he said.

Cannizzaro didn't necessarily view that as a bad fate. But he has all the rest of his life to enjoy Central New York.

His talents demanded that he get out and see the lacrosse world, and that he's certainly done.

Cazenovia's Connor Cannizzaro will always be remembered as a true pioneer of Denver lacrosse

The Right Fit

Dang.

The Right Fit
I haven't read the article but the quote you included is very different from every thing I've heard about how Syracuse handled his recruitment.

If true, can't fault a kid for wanting to get away. Denver is a great place to live and I'm sure go to school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom