Cool Coaching Analysis | Syracusefan.com

Cool Coaching Analysis

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
I saw this in the Georgetown section of Luke Winn's power rankings (see the chart):

121130.06.gif

So checked out the full report here:

http://basketball.realgm.com/news/articles/author/133/Dan_Hanner

Some fascinating stuff there. As much as I think we would say Boeheim is at his best in November and tends to underachieve in March, it isn't true. In fact, he doesn't show up on the "Best November Coaches" list but does appear on the "Best March/April Coaches" list. As he has been over the years, he is remarkably consistent throughout the season. For all the crap he takes over scheduling cupcakes, he has a better win pct in March than he does in November.

You can see evidence of the January swoon, but its far less pronounced than I would expect and maybe most interesting is this fact: For all the perception that Pitino's teams get better and better throughout the year and peak at the very end of the conference season, his profile is identical to JB's!

Definitely interesting.

no frickin clue what a pythagorean win % is, but I'm guessing it incorporates SOS.

Cronin's line made me chuckle.

I love Thompson's, looks like he drives Georgetown off a cliff come February 1st.

Thompson=Toonces the driving cat. See, I told you he could coach, just not very well.

tumblr_m65lph3bnk1qa16xao1_500.gif

0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom