Cool SU trivia question

cto

Administrator
Staff member

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I would have thought so, but it appears we are the 2nd team ever to do it.

HtownOrange

Hall of Fame
Purdue's claim is mired in scandal, ND was not the undisputed NC, they shared the title:

In 1966, Notre Dame shared the national title in football with Michigan State. The following season Notre Dame opened on the road at Purdue.

O.K., I got nothing, just grasping at the first straw. Still, a rare occurrence, and Purdue failed the sweep, so that option is still open.

buffalorange

Scout Team
Purdue's claim is mired in scandal, ND was not the undisputed NC, they shared the title:

In 1966, Notre Dame shared the national title in football with Michigan State. The following season Notre Dame opened on the road at Purdue.

O.K., I got nothing, just grasping at the first straw. Still, a rare occurrence, and Purdue failed the sweep, so that option is still open.
Well, before there was a college football playoff, wasn't it always the "mythical" national champion. So, ND was a mythical champion, and not even a universally recognized champion.

Since the author went back to when the basketball tournament began, shouldn't the same standard apply to football? So yes, SU is the first team to have home openers against both the actual football and basketball college champions.

WinRoadGame

Scout Team
The ACC is awesome! Football and Basketball are great! The ACCN is coming. I'm excited for the future!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom