Cooler Heads | Syracusefan.com

Cooler Heads

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I held off on posting for a bit for the most part. Because, in my experience, emotional words are typically ill advised and regrettable.

As I think more about this game, sure I’m disappointed, but how can you not be proud of this team?

These guys are fighters. And for two and a half quarters, we took it to Clemson. We were more physical. We were the bullies. We rattled them.

Our guys fought, and they fought damn hard.

We are legit. And if we can stay healthy enough, we’re going to show people that.

One game at a time, sure, but is there a game on the slate that makes you more nervous than Clemson at Death Valley? And we were every bit the team as they were on the field.

We belong.

Hats off to the team and the coaches. We can all nitpick different things and Monday Morning QB it. I’m just happy to have a team filled with dawgs that can get the job done.

F**k of a lot more fun than most of the last 25 years.

Go get em boys.

I held off on posting for a bit for the most part. Because, in my experience, emotional words are typically ill advised and regrettable.

As I think more about this game, sure I’m disappointed, but how can you not be proud of this team?

These guys are fighters. And for two and a half quarters, we took it to Clemson. We were more physical. We were the bullies. We rattled them.

We are legit. And if we can stay healthy enough, we’re going to show people that.

One game at a time, sure, but is there a game on the slate that makes you more nervous than Clemson at Death Valley? And we were every bit the team as they were on the field.

We belong.

Hats off to the team and the coaches. We can all nitpick different things and Monday Morning QB it. I’m just happy to have a team filled with dawgs that can get the job done.

Go get em boys.
A voice of reason, let's get to 7-1, then 8-1,9-1, 10-1, 11-1 then finish 12-1.
Then get ready for next year with some respect, and then we will start getting breaks with the refs.

This one was definitely a head scratcher for the offense. Defense did all it could, but was running out of gas because the offense netted less than 50 total yards in the 2nd half, before the last drive.

Clemson did everything they could to lose the game today and the defense stepped up huge with 4 turnovers and a TD. They just couldn’t capitalize early in the 2nd half and put the game away.

Very proud of our boys and their performance overall today down in Death Valley. Would love to understand if Anae had an aneurysm at half time. They lost a game that was nearly delivered to them on a silver platter, but the silver lining is that this team just stood toe-to-toe with Clemson, in their house, and it was a hell of a battle.

Yep. We had ‘em, and not getting any points on those 2 third quarter takeaways was killer. But we played with them right to the end, with a depleted defense and an O that totally lost it in the 2nd half.

We’re legit. We won’t see anyone as good as Clemson the rest of this season.

A very special season is still in our sights.

Let’s go annihilate ND.

Hats off to our defense with exception to one boneheaded late hit. But they played their guts out today.

Disappointed with our offensive vanishing act in the second half but we played arguably the best defensive team in the country and even with our improvement we still have a lack of depth at WR and inconsistent OL play. I expected Clemson’s D to step up in the second half and that’s exactly what happened.

Reality is we were a 14pt road dog at a stadium where the home team hasn’t lost in 6+ years against the #5 team in the country. It was a tall task to begin with. And based on our performance we probably hold our current ranking and hold our current bowl projection.

Entering this season, I think if you polled anyone on this forum, you would have found few that would have thought the Clemson game would have come down to the last play.

And not for nothing, most of the vocal whiners either were nonexistent on this board prior to recently or picked us to win 3 or 4 games this year. So they can respectfully shut the hell up as far as I’m concerned.

The real measure of this team is how they bounce back against ND next week. I’m disappointed we lost a game we had a great opportunity to win but you also have to take it in perspective.

I'm so F-in proud of this team! They held on with a national powerhouse for 59:45.

This team can still accomplish so much.

Onto Notre Dame. Smash the Irish.

Hats off to our defense with exception to one boneheaded late hit. But they played their guts out today.

Disappointed with our offensive vanishing act in the second half but we played arguably the best defensive team in the country and even with our improvement we still have a lack of depth at WR and inconsistent OL play. I expected Clemson’s D to step up in the second half and that’s exactly what happened.

Reality is we were a 14pt road dog at a stadium where the home team hasn’t lost in 6+ years against the #5 team in the country. It was a tall task to begin with. And based on our performance we probably hold our current ranking and hold our current bowl projection.

Entering this season, I think if you polled anyone on this forum, you would have found few that would have thought the Clemson game would have come down to the last play.

And not for nothing, most of the vocal whiners either were nonexistent on this board prior to recently or picked us to win 3 or 4 games this year. So they can respectfully shut the hell up as far as I’m concerned.

The real measure of this team is how they bounce back against ND next week. I’m disappointed we lost a game we had a great opportunity to win but you also have to take it in perspective.

They have a very good D but they were missing a key piece and we only put up 14 points. First half we did really well. 2nd half we looked like Wagner.

Hope we can bounce back. Notre Dame does have a good D and they like to run the ball with passes to the TE. They are a Clemson lite. Except their QB is even worse than DJ.

They have a very good D but they were missing a key piece and we only put up 14 points. First half we did really well. 2nd half we looked like Wagner.

Hope we can bounce back. Notre Dame does have a good D and they like to run the ball with passes to the TE. They are a Clemson lite. Except their QB is even worse than DJ.
We were missing pieces on D too. That’s football. Clemson has a team loaded with 5 stars. They’re very good.

Their depth is second to few in CFB. They literally have NFL projected draft picks on the DLine as backups. They have a distinct advantage when it comes to depth and let’s not forget that.

Honestly, 2nd half was defined by a drop on a critical third down and an uncalled late hit on Shrader. Had those been converted we may not be talking about a loss here. So yeah we looked disjointed in the second half but if those drives kept moving on things that are normally converted or called, might be having a different discussion right now.

We were missing pieces on D too. That’s football. Clemson has a team loaded with 5 stars. They’re very good.

Yes they are good but are they this good?

1. 5 plays 0 yards
2. 4 plays 24 yards
3. 3 plays 7 yards
4. 3 plays -4 yards
5. 4 plays 15 yards
6. 3 plays 3 yards

That is an average of 3.7 plays and 7.5 yards per drive. We moved the ball 45 yards total before the last drive.

1. 5 plays 0 yards
2. 4 plays 24 yards
3. 3 plays 7 yards
4. 3 plays -4 yards
5. 4 plays 15 yards
6. 3 plays 3 yards

That is an average of 3.7 plays and 7.5 yards per drive. We moved the ball 45 yards total before the last drive.
Yes.

Their depth is second to few in CFB. They literally have NFL projected draft picks on the DLine as backups. They have a distinct advantage when it comes to depth and let’s not forget that.

Honestly, 2nd half was defined by a drop on a critical third down and an uncalled late hit on Shrader. Had those been converted we may not be talking about a loss here. So yeah we looked disjointed in the second half but if those drives kept moving on things that are normally converted or called, might be having a different discussion right now.
Anytime a receiver can get his hands on the ball he needs to catch it.
There isn't a QB alive who makes a perfect throw every time.

Stinks, but we all want to be back to what we were in the 90s. We lost these games in the 90s too. We beat some good teams, but usually lost to the top 10 teams.
Still an awful lot to play for. Considering most thought our ceiling was 5-7 wins, we're still sitting in a good spot for a special year.

all the energy in the building flipped on the PF on the qb Call.. felt like every drive the 2nd half we took a sack or a penalty and that led to now offense at all.. the key all year has been staying ahead of the chains and the Dline of clemson made that hard..

Penalties cost the game. The 1987 team didn't do that. This year's team has been racking up penalties all season. Played a clean first half, but played undisciplined in the second half.

Tony White comes out of this game with a stellar reputation. Dr. Anae did not shine in the second half.

1. 5 plays 0 yards
2. 4 plays 24 yards
3. 3 plays 7 yards
4. 3 plays -4 yards
5. 4 plays 15 yards
6. 3 plays 3 yards

Games are 4 quarters. Picking out specific parts of the game to make a point is pretty stupid.

Ok we had 14 points on O for the game. Happy?

Against one of the top defenses in the country. With a weak WR corp, a hurt RB, and an OL that can't not false start. We still had almost 300 yards of offense. What did you expect?

We belong.

Go get em boys.
Isn't 25 years usually considered a generation.

That wasn’t an extremely difficult catch to make or anything. It was a pretty ordinary play and a well thrown ball.
A bit low though yes he must make that catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom