Cop & Doctor Dramas | Syracusefan.com

Cop & Doctor Dramas

armory

All American
Little peeve of mine ... but when is enough enough? When there's finally a "CSI: Mars" ... or when they run out of diseases and conditions to magically cure in the final 5 minutes?

I just do not understand how they can keep making the same cookie-cutter network dramas about the same two professions and people will keep watching them.

Little peeve of mine ... but when is enough enough? When there's finally a "CSI: Mars" ... or when they run out of diseases and conditions to magically cure in the final 5 minutes?

I just do not understand how they can keep making the same cookie-cutter network dramas about the same two professions and people will keep watching them.

I'm not at all surprised. This is the same populace that has eaten itself to a 50% obesity rate while lying indolent on a piece of furniture watching said material for hours on end. The absence of critical thinking, personal responsibility and pervasive avoidance of physical exertion is disgusting.

I blame it all on "Friends", the most overrated and mind-numbing presentation of uninteresting, hackneyed characters ever, and which popularized (if not spawned) all of the pseudoreality flotsam that the networks trot out to an enthralled legion of idiots.

/rant over

Actually, CSI:Mars could be pretty cool.

Not as cool as CSI: Neptune. What with the whole further away from the sun thing.

Thank you, thank you -please, no applause - I'll be here all week.

Actually, CSI:Mars could be pretty cool.

Yeah, I can just hear it now...

ONE LINER COP: So, you're telling me that a gal with three breasts approached you at the bar?

SCUMBAG: Yes, officer. And she told me about the guy with a head on his stomach. He's the mastermind. Said something about underground tunnels and an ancient reactor that will create a breathable planet.

ONE LINER COP: So, you spoke to a woman with three breasts who told you about a two-headed criminal? And the second head did all the talking?

HOT CHICK COP: Sounds like every guy I've ever met.

SCUMBAG: I swear to you I'm telling the truth.

ONE LINER COP: I believe you. But I'm not so sure my partners blaster will. Get this piece of garbage out of my face.

HOT CHICK COP: Do you believe him? Two heads? What do we do now?

ONE LINER COP: I do believe him. Now we find that girl and wait.

HOT CHICK COP: Wait?! For what?

ONE LINER COP: For him...to play his hand.

HOT CHICK COP: I'm not following you.

ONE LINER COP: You ever play poker? Sometimes your opponent slow plays his cards and you have to wait him out, wait for that one twitch, that one sign of overconfidence. Then you attack. And we just saw a very big twitch. I'm a betting man, and we're all in.

HOT CHICK COP: English, please.

ONE LINER COP: Three breasts will beat two heads every time. Too bad for this lover-boy, his next kiss...(puts sunglasses on)...will be his last.

Emmy material.

Same goes for the law firm shows. My favorites have been the ones that break the cookie cutter pattern - Boston Legal was a great show, and i do like Franklin and Bash. Neither falls into the LA Law, too often repeated pattern. With that said, I do like Suits, which does, but it isn't high in my TiVo line up.

There have been a few doctor shows I've really liked - House being my favorite, before it became a soap opera. and Mob Doctor is a neat combination of doctor show, and potential pseudo Sopranos knock off. If Mob Doctor continues, I'll be interested to see which way they go - at the moment it seems to be more mob than doctor.

The one current cop show I do like is Southland, and NCIS, if that counts as a cop show. For some reason, I cannot get into NCIS Los Angeles.

I could never get into the CSI franchise, or any of he Law and Order spin offs. Especially SVU - I still can't understand why a show based on sex crimes could be so popular.

I could never get into the CSI franchise, or any of he Law and Order spin offs. Especially SVU - I still can't understand why a show based on sex crimes could be so popular.

For SVU it's the cast that brings people back. Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay are fantastic together. Belzer and Ice T are pretty solid too. The content is obviously a little harsh for the squeamish, but as a show it is well put together and tight. I only watch it in syndication, so I haven't seen any newer episodes. I don't watch network TV.

Has anyone here ever watched The Shield? Where do you rate that one? I watched it for the first two or three seasons and then moved on. One of the few cop shows that had an episode that actually disturbed me. They really pushed the envelope.

Has anyone here ever watched The Shield? Where do you rate that one? I watched it for the first two or three seasons and then moved on. One of the few cop shows that had an episode that actually disturbed me. They really pushed the envelope.

Go. Back. And. Finish. The Shield.

Tremendous show, seemed to get better with every season. Has a place on my Rushmore of TV shows.

Pete, finish the Shield. Great stuff. Chiklis and Goggins and crew are great.

Gotta finish it. Epic series.

Pete, finish the Shield. Great stuff. Chiklis and Goggins and crew are great.

Now I know what you can get me for Christmas. Or Kwanzaa, whichever it is you're celebrating this year.

Now I know what you can get me for Christmas. Or Kwanzaa, whichever it is you're celebrating this year.

Well, since I already stuffed your mom's stockings, I guess I should get a little something for my Petey Pete. :p

You guys wanna continue our winter gathering tradition? Any chance you'd want to jet down this way for some sledding and other shenanigans?

Well, since I already stuffed your mom's stockings, I guess I should get a little something for my Petey Pete. :p

You guys wanna continue our winter gathering tradition? Any chance you'd want to jet down this way for some sledding and other shenanigans?

Will it be a whiz bang good time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom