'Cops' cancelled after 32 years | Syracusefan.com

'Cops' cancelled after 32 years

SWC75

Bored Historian

I'm a pretty good liberal but I liked 'Cops'. I thought it presented a positive image of police doing things the right way that counter-balanced the negative images that appear on the news of when things go wrong. if only the negative images are presented to the public, the divide between police departments and the public will only widen and the potential for violence will increase. That's not what we need.

I'm not going to be parent of the year for sharing this, but I watched an episode of Cops with my 5 and 3 year old a couple weeks ago, and couldn't bring myself to change the channel because my kids were so entertained by it and kept asking hilarious questions.

But there was one scene at the end of an episode where a black man wasn't really doing anything wrong or suspicious, but the cops just kept profiling him, and eventually found a small amount of marijuana on him and he was arrested. My son just kept asking over and over "but why are they arresting him? what he did do wrong? what did he do wrong?" And the fact I couldn't explain it in a simple way is what is profoundly wrong with our entire system.

I had no idea this was still on the air.
91HzBrh53eL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm not going to be parent of the year for sharing this, but I watched an episode of Cops with my 5 and 3 year old a couple weeks ago, and couldn't bring myself to change the channel because my kids were so entertained by it and kept asking hilarious questions.

But there was one scene at the end of an episode where a black man wasn't really doing anything wrong or suspicious, but the cops just kept profiling him, and eventually found a small amount of marijuana on him and he was arrested. My son just kept asking over and over "but why are they arresting him? what he did do wrong? what did he do wrong?" And the fact I couldn't explain it in a simple way is what is profoundly wrong with our entire system.
Far too much leeway in the courts for "suspicious actions/activity." Often, the cops don't care about the legal outcome, but rather getting drugs/guns off the streets. Ends justify the means.

For those of you that haven't watched The Wire yet, but intend do. I'd get on it.

One of the best shows ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the chopping block.

All I know is that I keep Trading Places on my DVR for Christmas season. If it disappears, then I'm moving to Mars.

Is it true they want to get rid of Paw Patrol and Lego Cop :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the chopping block.
Step back and have a weak cup of tea, Karen.

The Wire isn’t going anywhere.

Probably right. Simon's tweet history gives him built in protections.

I might give the show a 3rd watch anyway, just in case.
Welp, looks like they are going after Paw Patrol.

Maybe you did have reason to worry. Nothing is safe!

Now Dale and Brennan won't have an excuse for why they were all sweaty