Cordy news... | Syracusefan.com

Cordy news...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Stephen Bailey: Small update on SU DB Antwan Cordy: After not attending spring ball, he's working with the S&C staff this summer. It remains unclear if he'll play for the Orange this fall.

Boy, it sure sounds like Cordy's heart is not into it.

Keep in mind those comments were from last November after his injury. Maybe things have changed for him. At this point it does seem like it will be much more difficult for him to find playing time though.

His only shot during this regime change was slot/PR and it didn't work out. Wish him the best but it must be tough being in cuse for 6 years when you had grand aspirations for moving on in 3-4.

His only shot during this regime change was slot/PR and it didn't work out. Wish him the best but it must be tough being in cuse for 6 years when you had grand aspirations for moving on in 3-4.
I was all chips in on Cordy being awesome playing slot.

We have outrecruited him and I don’t see him playing or cracking lineup anywhere. Our secondary is going be sick. Love the kid but I also loved Ellison too. They play tough as nails and do what they can do but sometimes it’s not enough.

Ummmmmm this time last year he was considered the best athlete on the team and now he wouldn’t contribute? Sometimes there are other private issues I’m not saying either way I’m just saying sooooo many times we are so far off due to the fact some things aren’t for public knowledge and are none of our business. He would be a huge help if he suits up

We have outrecruited him and I don’t see him playing or cracking lineup anywhere. Our secondary is going be sick. Love the kid but I also loved Ellison too. They play tough as nails and do what they can do but sometimes it’s not enough.
The Cordy vs Ellison comparison is only made because they're both vertically impaired and tough. Cordy was/is waaaaaay better in coverage than Ellison was. Not even close.

I will take veteran leadership that know the system thank you very much. If Dino wants him, and he wants to stay, absolutely.
Exactly if HCDB feels Cordy will be a net positive to the team I'd love to have him back. As a guy who has had experience in large fighting units having a grizzled veteran around yields many benefits (example for younger troops, source of knowledge, ability to counsel younger guys before it becomes noticed by senior leadership and someone who puts group before self).

So what if he doesn't start against Liberty. The season takes weird twists and he might be playing a lot a few games later in the season.

Ummmmmm this time last year he was considered the best athlete on the team and now he wouldn’t contribute? Sometimes there are other private issues I’m not saying either way I’m just saying sooooo many times we are so far off due to the fact some things aren’t for public knowledge and are none of our business. He would be a huge help if he suits up
can I get an Amennnn!!

If his hearts into it and he is ready why would we not want him back, some people on here are crazy, two years ago he was considered by many as the best defensive back we had, and last year going into the season many thought he was the best athlete... if the kid can play and wants to play huge boost to defense. We are not Alabama or Clemson we need as much depth as possible.

If his hearts into it and he is ready why would we not want him back, some people on here are crazy, two years ago he was considered by many as the best defensive back we had, and last year going into the season many thought he was the best athlete... if the kid can play and wants to play huge boost to defense. We are not Alabama or Clemson we need as much depth as possible.

I don't know about a "huge" boost -- I think that's overstating it -- but your last sentence makes a good point. You can never have enough corners.

I don't know about a "huge" boost -- I think that's overstating it -- but your last sentence makes a good point. You can never have enough corners.

taking him back for leadership alone is worth it if there are spots available

taking him back for leadership alone is worth it if there are spots available

Honest question -- what are you basing that claim upon?

if dino offers him to come back he must think he can help

Agreed in terms of depth -- but you made an attribution about it being worth it for him to return from a leadership perspective.

What's that based upon?

The Cordy vs Ellison comparison is only made because they're both vertically impaired and tough. Cordy was/is waaaaaay better in coverage than Ellison was. Not even close.
See I didn’t think so except early last year Cordy made a few good plays but way to many when u was chasing guys from behind by 4 yds. Ellison was same. They had linebacker skills with too small of bodies. Game is too big now a days.