Cordy not coming back? | Syracusefan.com

Cordy not coming back?

Yeah I think you always celebrate it with your class even if you plan to return. If he was out for the year and not playing he might wait until next year but this is normal.

Reactions: CIL
Yeah I think you always celebrate it with your class even if you plan to return. If he was out for the year and not playing he might wait until next year but this is normal.
That's what i figured was probably happening, but i thought i saw them mention its his last game in The Dome. Maybe i didn't see that.

Gets to celebrate Senior night with his class?
Then next year is like a grad transfer year?
This isn’t his class... this is his fifth year. This is shys class and shy doesn’t get to celebrate with them. That said I have no idea if cordy is coming back for his 6th year or not

What is his degree in? Is it possible he may transfer? Not saying he will but it is still an option as well.

What is his degree in? Is it possible he may transfer? Not saying he will but it is still an option as well.
He has the option to grad transfer with the extra year of eligibility. No clue if he will or not, but the option is there.

He has the option to grad transfer with the extra year of eligibility. No clue if he will or not, but the option is there.

Thanks LC. Whatever he does I'll be rooting for him, as long is it isn't with any ACC teams (will root for him, not the teams) or PSU.

This isn’t his class... this is his fifth year. This is shys class and shy doesn’t get to celebrate with them. That said I have no idea if cordy is coming back for his 6th year or not

Shy’s coming back?

Shy’s coming back?
Lol... the big question... as I read this my wife asked me the same thing. Honestly I don’t know. I don’t know if they will invite him back number 1. I don’t know if he wants to play another year here 2. And I don’t know if he wants to go to college another year 3. We will have a talk after the bowl game and see what he is thinking and what his options are. I think the coaches will do there year end player meetings a day or 2 after the bowl game.

Lol... the big question... as I read this my wife asked me the same thing. Honestly I don’t know. I don’t know if they will invite him back number 1. I don’t know if he wants to play another year here 2. And I don’t know if he wants to go to college another year 3. We will have a talk after the bowl game and see what he is thinking and what his options are. I think the coaches will do there year end player meetings a day or 2 after the bowl game.

If that’s all up in the air, I would think he’d walk tonight with the seniors.

Hope he comes back. He's played well this year.

I'll be honest, I did not expect this response.

Let’s be brutally honest for a second about Cordy. I don’t think he gets much playing time outside of special teams if he comes back next year. Which spot is he starting in? Strong safety over a senior Foster? Free safety over Cisco? Nickel corner when we will already have to sit at least one of Fredrick, Scopp, Iffy and Trill? He would be our backup nickel corner and backup free safety in all likelihood. My guess is he grad transfers to a G5 or FCS.

count me in the bucket of who wants Shy back next year.

Nope they didn’t give him the option
I hope he knows what a fan favorite he is. Every game I have attended people comment about him (even if they don’t know exactly who he is).

Also as the LB 3 I am sure he would be in line to start next year, particularly how much weight we seem to give to seniority.

Lastly, I don’t want to over step but I would encourage him to make a case to the coaches about being with his class tonight. I just wouldn’t want a more quiet/respectful kid (seems like Shy from outside) to miss out on something that he could have participated in if he would have just spoken up a bit. He has RS in behalf of the team, stayed through regime changes (extreme on D), fought through injury and has been the special team coverage MVP for 2 years. I think he has earned the right.

If they tell him to stand down, that would be disappointing, but at least you would know.

Disregard if he has already asked and has been denied.

Me too. I have him penciled in as the starting WILL in 2019. As well as the gunner on special teams...
Whom do you have at the Mike fo '19, Richards? That's my dream LB combination ... Shy and Richards. I'd almost feel bad for opposing RB's (nah).

Last edited:
The idea that Shy would not be invited back is mindboggling and would suggest HCDB believes he has NC talent next year. I for one don't see that. We should be very good but we still have a ways to go IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom