Cornell Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

Seems to be a theme with these losses though was it a hot goalie or just bad shots?

Cornell is just a sharper team — offensively and defensively.

Teat clearly makes a huge difference. We lack that game changer on offense.

Can’t say the defense played well, but many SU teams would find a way to win a 14-13 game.

But that’s what I gathered from the radio.

pretty even stats except GBs 43-30 Cornell

Cornell is quick, big and aggressive, I saw a lot of triple teams tonight on defence and they attack and attack on offence, lots of weapons all over field.

One example Cuse had Clarkson doubled up on sideline near bench and he simply ran away into space.

Jeff Teat is as advertised

Cornell has some and plays like Canadians

Cornell are strong
Cuse are young

i thought SU was very aggressive and caused some mistakes by cornell. teat is happy to not be involved because cornell has 4-5 guys who shoot well. Cornell was very sloppy as was SU.

The Cornell goalie is the backup but he has played ton as Knight has been hurt for 3-4 games now.

Cornell is shooting like 45% for the year so actually SU did well to hold them down to 13.

i thought SU was very aggressive and caused some mistakes by cornell. teat is happy to not be involved because cornell has 4-5 guys who shoot well. Cornell was very sloppy as was SU.

The Cornell goalie is the backup but he has played ton as Knight has been hurt for 3-4 games now.

Cornell is shooting like 45% for the year so actually SU did well to hold them down to 13.
correct

Absolutely amazing how often Bomberry gets stoned on the doorstep, so frustrating.
THANK YOU! and if he's not finishing on the door step then what is he bringing to the offense? At least voigt has a little 5-10 yard shot. Seebold is the one who needs to come on ala 2017 Rehfuss and step up.

Last edited:
Seems to be a theme with these losses though was it a hot goalie or just bad shots?
I attended the game and I would say that he saved about 3 or 4 goals that we score weekly on the doorstep to 5 yards out. Some poor shots. Trimboli took some ill-advised alley shots, Carlin took the worst shot of the year, Curry took a bad shot, so it was a combo.

I havent been able to watch a lot of games this year but I paid for the game last night. Biggest difference to me, was ball movement on offense. Cornell did a nice job of drawing two and then moving it to the backside. Cant remember the last time I saw Cuse repeatedly draw two and have an open shot on the backside b/c of quick passing. I see too much "hero ball" and not enough team work on O. I said it earlier in the season, if you are having trouble initiating your offense from your alley dodge, you need to switch philosophy. There is enough tape on this team to know how to defend and take away the crease feed.

I havent been able to watch a lot of games this year but I paid for the game last night. Biggest difference to me, was ball movement on offense. Cornell did a nice job of drawing two and then moving it to the backside. Cant remember the last time I saw Cuse repeatedly draw two and have an open shot on the backside b/c of quick passing. I see too much "hero ball" and not enough team work on O. I said it earlier in the season, if you are having trouble initiating your offense from your alley dodge, you need to switch philosophy. There is enough tape on this team to know how to defend and take away the crease feed.

Agreed, I think Conrell having an elite level dodger like Teat really helps them do that. SU really doesn't have a great dodger on the team less an elite one like Teat. Rehfuss and Solomon do what they can especially Rehfuss but there certainly no where near the top end guys. Thought Curry had a nice move for a goal early but then he seemed to never touch the ball again. Inverting Curry or Dordevic might be away to help because as you noted our alley dodges from up top have been stymied in our losses. Trimbo especially was shut down yesterday.

I think it cant be lost how well the Cornell D has been playing lately. Its been a bit over shadowed by the scoring..

Hobart/BU/Air force/Dart were all around 3-5 goals when the put the 3-4th string and 2-3 goalies in

PSU only scored 7 and that was all the first half when they couldnt win draws
Albany had 7-8 until 3-4 goals in the last 4 min and Cornell won no draws
Yale was much the same until very late in the game.

Harvard had 7 until very late and thats with 6 EM goals which is a crazy number

I think it cant be lost how well the Cornell D has been playing lately. Its been a bit over shadowed by the scoring..

Hobart/BU/Air force/Dart were all around 3-5 goals when the put the 3-4th string and 2-3 goalies in

PSU only scored 7 and that was all the first half when they couldnt win draws
Albany had 7-8 until 3-4 goals in the last 4 min and Cornell won no draws
Yale was much the same until very late in the game.

Harvard had 7 until very late and thats with 6 EM goals which is a crazy number

Fetterly on the radio mentioned how Cornell would quickly collapse back on defense and pack it in when SU appeared to be on any sort of a breakaway.

SU wasn’t going to get many opportunities for easy or easier goals.

frozen ground is the bounce shots best friend. no telling where the hell the hop is going. know your turf !

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom