Cornell Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

Your 100% right, thought Madonna played well bit once again SU gave up way to many wkde open crease looks.

No issue with allowing 10 goals. We shut down Teat. Can’t ask for much more.

The offense lost its way in the second half.

Young team, not an awful year.

Disappointing loss but that’s how it goes.

Lax isn’t like hoops or football. Experienced players like Solomon were making bad decisions. To see an interim coaches team with more discipline says a lot about culture.

UCONN Women’s Hoops sustained it’s dominance. Syracuse Lacrosse has fallen below the Mendoza line from a parity perspective.

We need a coaching change. Or one heck of an ultimatum.[/QUOTE]

Women’s hoops hasn’t changed at 1/10th rate that lacrosse has over the past 15 years.

Solomon is undisciplined and the staff must not feel another player is as good as he is otherwise he’d sit the bench.

I would take the risk of playing someone else because Solomon hurts the team far too frequently in critical spots.

Btw - SU lacrosse has ALWAYS had undisciplined players. Desko was successful early on because he brought more structure and order to the undisciplined creativity.

I don’t think canning Desko solves the problem. I think a staff shakeup would work well.

I guess I don' get lacrosse...it seems like its the only sport where they game can end with a defensive penalty...i mean there were 2-3 seconds left and the Cornell player basically body slammed the Syracuse player...
Yeah. It’s kind of a glitch in the game. Penalties aren’t enforced until the offensive team loses advantage. The problem is that you could literally put a player in a choke hold with 5 seconds to go and the clock will expire. No consequences. It’s a glitch in the game. You could wind up and jab your stick into the throat or nuts but if the clock expires there’s no penalty.

Yeah. It’s kind of a glitch in the game. Penalties aren’t enforced until the offensive team loses advantage. The problem is that you could literally put a player in a choke hold with 5 seconds to go and the clock will expire. No consequences. It’s a glitch in the game.

It’s a feature, not a bug. ;)

Nothing to stop the attackman who just drew a penalty from throwing the ball out of bounds to stop the clock and start the man up.

No issue with allowing 10 goals. We shut down Teat. Can’t ask for much more.

The offense lost its way in the second half.

I agree this loss was on the 2nd half offense.

Desko did a good job of bringing in middies the past few years.

The attack needs a complete overhaul with hopefully more size and speed (if not intelligence).

No coach in his face coming off the field. Someone wake up Desko.

He used to do that. Especially when someone on offense made a bad decision to shoot.

I vividly remember him turning practically purple in his first 10 years when somebody screwed the pooch.

I agree
this loss was on the 2nd half offense.

Desko did a good job of bringing in middies the past few years.

The attack needs a complete overhaul with hopefully more size and speed (if not intelligence).

Last minute or so showed me all I need to know about this staff.

Not a clue how to run an offense in that situation. It was glaring.

You think Cornell wouldn’t have run a tight offense and found a way to score?

All 3 shots in the last minute were just wing it, and pray. No passing at all to create clean looks.

This has very little to do with why we lost & I’m not calling anyone out, but has anyone else wondered all year why Dordevic isn’t in Lane’s spot on man-up? Dordevic has the best shot on the team & is also arguably our best dodger, regardless of position, yet doesn’t play man-up?

Zero sense of urgency in the closing seconds of the 1st half either. Frustrating.

This has very little to do with why we lost & I’m not calling anyone out, but has anyone else wondered all year why Dordevic isn’t in Lane’s spot on man-up? Dordevic has the best shot on the team & is also arguably our best dodger, regardless of position, yet doesn’t play man-up?

Um, it’s almost like they’re trying to appease Lane. But, yeah, he doesn’t belong out there. He actually slows down the EMO, and our EM was bad tonight.

The attack unit is limited by Solomon as the QB. He gets shut down by physical defenders like Pulver and that unit becomes Bomberry or nothing. And Bomber is not a dodger.

Rehfuss has been solid but I get the sense they don’t have much designed for him now that he’s proven worthy of getting a long stick. So he’ll take a run here and there but doesn’t get enough of the ball IMO.

ive been questioning why lane, Simmons, carlin, McKinney have been playing 2nd string the past two years. because they're seniors? they contribute NOTHING. give the young bucks a chance to shine. (seebold, Quinn, Buttermore, Lauder, etc.) ‍♂️♂️♂️♂️

Yes. I’ve wondered why Lane has been on man up without gripping and ripping more frequently.

Lane was the lax equivalent of Tyler Roberson to me. Physically gifted but couldn’t seem to decide to switch it on and impose his will on a game consistently.

Um, it’s almost like they’re trying to appease Lane. But, yeah, he doesn’t belong out there. He actually slows down the EMO, and our EM was bad tonight.
I agree. I think that’s one of Desko’s biggest downfalls, playing way too many players. I don’t understand how a middy can only play on man-up. Hate to say it, but 3/6 captains this year are, IMHO, not ACC-level players. They’ve had moments few & far between but I’ve thought this all year, I don’t do “knee-jerk”.

ive been questioning why lane, Simmons, carlin, McKinney have been playing 2nd string the past two years. because they're seniors? they contribute NOTHING. give the young bucks a chance to shine. (seebold, Quinn, Buttermore, Lauder, etc.) ‍♂️♂️♂️♂️
Was literally just typing this exact sentiment with the exact players you mentioned plus O’Sullivan & minus the male symbols :confused:

Inexcusable loss, IMO about 85% of the blame goes on Desko and the staff.

Let me set the scenario:

Up 3, at home, doubling up the opponent at the face-off.

The offense's inability to get anything done in the second half was a testament to how poorly this squad is coached. There was ZERO reason who Simmons, Carlin and Lane should have been on the field at all in the second half. The offense is slow and no one can beat their man other than the two freshman middies, who struggle passing and catching, and that lack of speed and skill on offense all comes back to recruiting again.

Inexcusable loss, IMO about 85% of the blame goes on Desko and the staff.

Let me set the scenario:

Up 3, at home, doubling up the opponent at the face-off.

The offense's inability to get anything done in the second half was a testament to how poorly this squad is coached. There was ZERO reason who Simmons, Carlin and Lane should have been on the field at all in the second half. The offense is slow and no one can beat their man other than the two freshman middies, who struggle passing and catching, and that lack of speed and skill on offense all comes back to recruiting again.
So, for me... Next year is the last chance I give Desko. You return almost everyone, will have a fall ball, and claim to have a good to great recruiting class coming in, gotta make Memorial Day Weekend a the absolute LEAST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom