Could a National Championship change a town? | Syracusefan.com

Could a National Championship change a town?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Was thinking today with all the current optimism in the program... what would a National Championship look like in Syracuse? CNY? Upstate (includes WNY)? New York?

What does it look like? What does it change?

“Syracuse will never be a football town”, “people don’t care”.

I’d argue we have the same die hards anywhere else has. We’ve just been bleeding for nothing for 20 years. What happens when we reach the pinnacle?

This isn’t a 2019 national championship prediction thread. More just a, what if it did and how would the people react.

Hopefully not like Buffalo if the Sabres or Bills won it all!

I was a missionary in Argentina for 2 years and the basketball team with Melo won their title 2 months before I came home.

I can confirm - it felt different. People were nicer. There was a quiet confidence and pride.

I like that the University is named after the city. There is such a close identification of the town with the college. It would play out magnificently at the local and national level. This isn’t some oversized and less relatable Arizona State or Michigan. It’s our provincial and private Syracuse University.
LGO.

I like that the University is named after the city. There is such a close identification of the town with the college. It would play out magnificently at the local and national level. This isn’t some oversized and less relatable Arizona State or Michigan. It’s our provincial and private Syracuse University.
LGO.
...you say that like Syracuse, NY isn’t the size of most of the east coast (including the Canadian parts)

(I’m making a “Syracuse doesn’t play away games” joke.)

The money involved changes everything in itself. The exposure, recruiting and fan attendance changes for the better.

It was so hard and so long-awaited in hoops that when it happened, it felt like a dam had broken.

It’s 50 times harder in football for a private northeastern university.

I have to assume the impact would be some lusty multiplier of the hoops impact as well.

Lets string together a few and become the Greenbay of college football. What’d say guys

Was thinking today with all the current optimism in the program... what would a National Championship look like in Syracuse? CNY? Upstate (includes WNY)? New York?

What does it look like? What does it change?

“Syracuse will never be a football town”, “people don’t care”.

I’d argue we have the same die hards anywhere else has. We’ve just been bleeding for nothing for 20 years. What happens when we reach the pinnacle?
This isn’t a 2019 national championship prediction thread. More just a, what if it did and how would the people react.

Hopefully not like Buffalo if the Sabres or Bills won it all!

We have the same diehards as where? Anywhere else? Serously? We are basically an industrial upstate ny town . To say we have the same diehards any other towns have? Serously? Have you traveled South past Jersey?

We have the same diehards as where? Anywhere else? Serously? We are basically an industrial upstate ny town . To say we have the same diehards any other towns have? Serously? Have you traveled South past Jersey?
Dont see many other programs travel and maintain fan’hood like we have through two decades of awfulness.

Dont see many other programs travel and maintain fan’hood like we have through two decades of awfulness.

What? Travel where? NCST? What is your point. we are a northern hoops school niw just making it in fb AND we arent a pimple on southern or Midwesterners team ass in terms of traveling...my God.

What? Travel where? NCST? What is your point. we are a northern hoops school niw just making it in fb AND we arent a pimple on southern or Midwesterners team ass in terms of traveling...my God.

Nc state was a home game. Reports were thousands to wake, pitt, clemson etc.

No we dont travel like Ohio State and Alabama. We also havent been to a bowl in years.

Cuse is an event town for Sports.
Isn’t that an overused cliche? If Alabama suffered through 17 years of irrelevance would all those rednecks still show up?

Nc state was a home game. Reports were thousands to wake, pitt, clemson etc.

No we dont travel like Ohio State and Alabama. We also havent been to a bowl in years.

I was being funny with ncst, like over the years. we bring 2k max, super max to a regular season ACC game. We will do well at the bowl, but we dont travel on a regular basis for fb.

How many thousands we bring to Wake and Clemson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom