Could Arnett help Devito and the OL's development? | Syracusefan.com

Could Arnett help Devito and the OL's development?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Believe that one of TD and the OL's biggest struggles last year was identifying and picking up blitzes. The 3-3-5 is all about disguising who is rushing and who is dropping back. Would like to think that going up against this throughout camp helps our QB's and OL at identifying and dealing w/ this.

Good point...They worked against a 4-3 all year last year and I agree this should strengthen the steel.

I truly believe the OL is going to be the strength of this 2020 team if there are not 2 or more serious injuries.

You have an excellent point and I'm sure Coach Arnett has some really good disguised blitzes that the Syracuse offense will see in closed practices that will help them deal with what other teams will throw at them. I really feel like Coach Babers hit it out of the park with Coach Arnett's hiring. I also believe it was an extremely important hire with Coach Gilbert. Having Coach Gilbert as a quarterback coach will help Tommy DeVito tremendously. Whatever Coach Arnett throws at Coach Gilbert's offense and vice versa will only make both units that much better. Remember the old saying, iron sharpens iron. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

How much does the first team offense work against our own defense versus the scout team? During the season, once preseason camp closes, don't they primarily work against the scout team that is trying to imitate the other team's defense?