Could Buddy Boeheim Be This Year's Carmelo Anthony? | Syracusefan.com

Could Buddy Boeheim Be This Year's Carmelo Anthony?

Ceerqqq

Scout Team
That thought creeped into my mind watching him work his offensive will on SDU.

Yeah, a lot of variables came together to make that special season possible (including the Zone coming together just in time) but it sure did seem after they cut down the nets that The KEY to winning the National Championship was having an extraordinarily gifted offensive talent on the team that JB could always go to for pts vs the toughest of opponents.

Could Buddy be that kind of XXX-factor for this team this year?

Understand, I'm not saying Buddy = Carmelo as an overall basketball talent. I mean, Carmelo came in as a freshman and was already ready for the NBA. Buddy's had to develop, now in his third year, to get this good.

I'm just isolating the variable of "having an extraordinarily gifted offensive talent on the team that JB could always go to for pts vs the toughest of opponents." Seems a big Key when yer slogging through the NCAAT...

Last edited:
I totally love the optimism, but, absolutely not.

Well, well, well...

With Buddy now being mentioned as a future NBA player after his "Pro" performances in the 1st two tournament teams, leading us to the Sweet Sixteen, I thought I should bump this up again to see if anyone's minds have changed...:cool:

Well, well, well...

With Buddy now being mentioned as a future NBA player after his "Pro" performances in the 1st two tournament teams, leading us to the Sweet Sixteen, I thought I should bump this up again to see if anyone's minds have changed...:cool:
This is as ridiculous as the buddy haters,

As far as I’m concerned, Melo and Kemba set the standard for March.

Buddy’s gotta get us to next week before we start that conversation. Houston’s very good.

As far as I’m concerned, Melo and Kemba set the standard for March.

Buddy’s gotta get us to next week before we start that conversation. Houston’s very good.
Well, we won't know until it all plays out, will we?

All I'm asking is if others can see the potential I see in Buddy that could ultimately translate into him filling that same powerful offensive weapon role that Melo did in the NCAAT. There are no exact parallels, but I do see Buddy being able to provide that one special contribution to this year's team that Melo gave us back then.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Buddy=Melo as talented basketball players...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom