Could Dior Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Could Dior Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseMutt

All Conference
start as a D-1 guard right now as a sophomore in high school?
If so where?
I believe he could. He’s still growing but not afraid to bang in the lane. Could he have as a freshman? Guy is crazy talent.

He’s fantastic, but today? He’s probably not strong enough yet

He’s fantastic, but today? He’s probably not strong enough yet
Probably not but I bet he thinks he can and would take that attitude and make it happen

If so where?
I believe he could. He’s still growing but not afraid to bang in the lane. Could he have as a freshman? Guy is crazy talent.
Yes. No doubt. I don’t have it in me to go research guards at low-major schools but there’s definitely some places he could start at right now.

I’m frustrated and looking for closure.
Can someone please explain to me why Dior decommited, kinda went undercover for a while and then in a recent article said he has reopened his recruitment keeping pro options open but not necessarily acting hastily to take the fast money.

The schools he mentions include Hop at Washington but not us even as an option.

Where did we go wrong?
Anyone have any idea how we became sour grapes?

Thanks.

Can someone please explain to me why Dior decommited, kinda went undercover for a while and then in a recent article said he has reopened his recruitment keeping pro options open but not necessarily acting hastily to take the fast money.

Where did we go wrong?

Thanks.

I don't think there's any sour grapes at all.

From what I've heard, Dior has as much baggage as talent, and it's a verrrrrrry long shot that he could even qualify to be eligible for college, period - and VERY unlikely he could get into Syracuse.

While we'd love to have him for the 1 year he'd maybe, possibly play in college -
given the odds of that are so low, it was in all parties best interests to part ways.

Now we're able to recruit a PG who can and will actually play college ball at Syracuse.

And Dior can keep doing Dior things.

Where did we go wrong?

Thanks.
guy inbox GIF

Where did we go wrong?

Thanks.

we didn’t go wrong anyplace. We backed out.

we didn’t go wrong anyplace. We backed out.
I recall reading posts like this one from last year, saying that Dior was divisive. Given what happened this year with the lacrosse team, why would anyone want to take a chance on another team imploding like that?

Youth, thy name is inexperience. Dior can and should be excused for some of his choices.
Time and experience will hopefully enlighten and redirect him onto a more mature course.
I don’t hold it against him for his rescinded commitment, and honestly hope the best for him.
I also hope he matures and perhaps learns to value an education at least to the same degree he obviously values BB .
While an education may not pay as well as the NBA, it has much more to offer in the form of a just and fulfilling life. Perhaps an education may
also allow him to hang onto some the millions that await him.
Best of luck Dior, but not against the Cuse, which I seriously doubt will ever be an issue!

I recall reading posts like this one from last year, saying that Dior was divisive. Given what happened this year with the lacrosse team, why would anyone want to take a chance on another team imploding like that?

Because Boeheim could give a rat's behind what happens on the lacrosse team.

Ok first question, what's his GPA?
Second question, will he even graduate from high school?

He has to meet minimum admission requirements for him to play here, I am not sure he will, if he went to four schools in two years.

Ok first question, what's his GPA?
Second question, will he even graduate from high school?

He has to meet minimum admission requirements for him to play here, I am not sure he will, if he went to four schools in two years.

That's it in a nutshell. Dior was positioned well to do both at Oak Hill -- his departure from there was the straw [on top of many other preceding straws] that broke the camel's back with the SU coaching staff.

There weren't hard feelings -- it was a joint decision, best for all involved.

If so where?

Sure he could imo. you know how many schools there are out there, now a power 5 school, he would have to get his strength up but I still think somebody would give him a shot just because of how talented he is!
There are plenty of freshmen kids over the yrs that came in scrawny as hell and still start because of their pretty much scary talent, NBA talent.
There is also money to be made because the hype the player provides, gets butts in the seats so there's a few different variables that can come with this.

Bro.

Chase had a whole different set of issues. Not oranges to oranges. No pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom