Could Dior Johnson | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Could Dior Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of what sways recruits, surprises me anymore. Reminded me when JB said that he’s had a recruit nix SU because his g/f told him that she didn’t like how the school colors looked on her. I remember laughing until a few years later I heard some teenagers discussing different college destinations and how they hated certain colors and would never go to a school that had their least personal favorite color. Among the colors mentioned were purple, brown, gold, red and green - these were both boys and girls. It was pretty funny and I wondered if they would care or think the same even 6 months less than a few years later. Then they started talking about the college nicknames they hated - like standard ‘boring’ ones like wildcats, warriors and any animal, like tigers, panther etc. Pretty funny since those boring ones are the most nicknames used. Kids are funny but none to their credit spoke of specific pantones :)
Maybe it's a good thing i didn't visit Syracuse before committing. I may have had a more intense reaction to both the colors and the mascot... Somehow, I was able to power through my dislike of orange.
I was intending to be a fashion photographer or go into advertising after SU, and while at SU i used to say (only semi-jokingly) that Vogue didn't even recognize orange as a color—sorta true, but later they kinda went 180-degrees on that and it became trendy for a while.

I hated the pantones we use(d), and especially that we use combinations of two dominant colors against each other (orange and navy).

I eventually got over the orange hate, and as a designer subsequently, i have steered a fair number of clients into using it for branding and general design. But, i still have the orange/blue thing. It's just wrong. And i still won't wear orange in public. I have one orange SU Hoops tee, but it is reserved for gamewatching at home.

I can definitely imagine players developing likes and dislikes of a team's colors and uniforms. Absolutely. But, success sorta mitigates those types of concerns, i would think. Like, take BC and USC. Similar colorways. I'd hate to play in a BC uniform. But, USC has been my favorite team since the 70s, even though i dislike the maroon and gold.

This thread is entering stalker-like status.
He’s not Orange, & maybe that’s a good thing, who knows? Either way, it’s about time to start letting go. JMHO
haha i mean I read the interview and it isnt that bad...he has his reasons and thats fine with me. he actually comes across okay... i expected worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom