Could Melo come back.... | Syracusefan.com

Could Melo come back....

interesting question...and I believe the answer is yes he could dependent on what the real reason was for his being ineligible...everyone gets a second chance...so unless he is going pro..and has not indicated that as yet...he may come back...less than 20% but there is the possibility

interesting question...and I believe the answer is yes he could dependent on what the real reason was for his being ineligible...everyone gets a second chance...so unless he is going pro..and has not indicated that as yet...he may come back...less than 20% but there is the possibility

Assuming his issue was academics from the first semester when everyone on the team knows they actually HAVE to take care of their grades, I'm going to guess his second semester grades won't be close to meeting requirements. So, if he did come back, we wouldn't see him until second semester next year at the earliest. I think he's done.

I never thought he would come back, mainly due to his age (22 years old), but not sure why he is waiting so long to declare.

Wouldn't want him back even if he came begging. Best to him in his future but he let his team down, it could have been avoided.

Thought he already left Syracuse so he's not going to classes.

I'd assume he could make up the work over the summer.

But we have a better chance of Bjorn Calderon leading us to three straight titles than Fab coming back.

I'd assume he could make up the work over the summer.

But we have a better chance of Bjorn Calderon leading us to three straight titles than Fab coming back.

Sorry i only have 2 years of eligibility

Please, I wish MELO the best of luck but I for one has had enough melo-drama for one lifetime.

Wouldn't want him back even if he came begging.

I don't think there is any chance that Melo will be back, although there doesn't seem to be a really good explanation for him not yet declaring for the draft. However, to say you wouldn't want him back even if he came begging is a bit surprising and, dare I say, foolish. I'm disappointed in him as most SU fans are but truly he only has to answer to his coaches, teammates and himself. IF (huge "if") he should choose to return he would only need their acceptance and approval, not ours. And we are talking about a 7 foot dominant center, BE defensive player of the year that made amazing strides from his freshman to sophomore season with tremendous upside and room for continued improvement. Despite the trust issues, he would be an amazing asset to the team and would only improve our chances of winning. Case in point- All of those that realize that we would have made the Final Four, and beyond, with him eligible.

I don't think there is any chance that Melo will be back, although there doesn't seem to be a really good explanation for him not yet declaring for the draft. However, to say you wouldn't want him back even if he came begging is a bit surprising and, dare I say, foolish. I'm disappointed in him as most SU fans are but truly he only has to answer to his coaches, teammates and himself. IF (huge "if") he should choose to return he would only need their acceptance and approval, not ours. And we are talking about a 7 foot dominant center, BE defensive player of the year that made amazing strides from his freshman to sophomore season with tremendous upside and room for continued improvement. Despite the trust issues, he would be an amazing asset to the team and would only improve our chances of winning. Case in point- All of those that realize that we would have made the Final Four, and beyond, with him eligible.

It's all moot now...clearly I was expressing my opinion, not speaking for the team but why they'd want him back would be beyond me. Yes, he'd make the team better but it's about more than that. Fab let them down plain and simple. I don't wish him ill but I'm not going to track his career like I do other SU players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom