Could Storrs steal Buffalo? * | Syracusefan.com

Could Storrs steal Buffalo? *

Couldn't we be the 4 and they the 5?

Couldn't we be the 4 and they the 5?

Right now you almost pretty much know this will be the second round matchup (assuming it gets that far).

I don't think so, but l will look at numbers after we know tonight's result.

UConn would likely still be below us and get shipped to Spokane or san diego but I have to recheck numbers tomorrow for final look at teams to say for sure

orangehomer said:
they gonna end up with a better seed than us lol

Not a better seed, but they may advance further than us.

We are still ragging on UConn? LOL They beat two higher ranked teams so far. Syracuse not so much. You peeps gotta leave your hate at the door. We are not all that.

i was really more worried about cincy. uconn may have helped us.

We are still ragging on UConn? LOL They beat two higher ranked teams so far. Syracuse not so much. You peeps gotta leave your hate at the door. We are not all that.

technicality but only 1 top seed did you beat because memephis was the road team ie lower seed last night

What are you talking about? Not one person has made a hateful comment about UConn at all in this thread. Certainly not the OP who merely asked a bracket question.

The question was whether UConn could steal Buffalo and that is what is being discussed.

technicality but only 1 top seed did you beat because Memphis was the road team, lower seed last night
You said, 'only one top seed did you beat' I bleed Orange dude ...or dudette. ;) Just stirring the pot. Being snarky.

I don't know.

UCONN won tonight with Napier B game. Let's see what happens if he brings his A game tomorrow.
oh great, Yukon fans have come out of the woodworks to post here again

What are you talking about? Not one person has made a hateful comment about UConn at all in this thread. Certainly not the OP who merely asked a bracket question.

The question was whether UConn could steal Buffalo and that is what is being discussed.
Apologies! Just used to the treatment. Granted I hate UConn since the Corny Thompson days,. I guess a reflex motion. I hope Syracuse dsn't face them.

UConn could be in Buffalo, but it won't be as a higher seed than Cuse. I'm not exactly expecting a win tomorrow considering last week, anyway.

I don't know.

UCONN won tonight with Napier B game. Let's see what happens if he brings his A game tomorrow.
where you been? Weren't here much when we were 25-0. Get lost

UConn could be in Buffalo, but it won't be as a higher seed than Cuse. I'm not exactly expecting a win tomorrow considering last week, anyway.
another voice is heard from. You guys weren't around much this year. Until now. And I've read some of the things you and sdhusky have to say about us on the BY.

originally I wanted to avoid the rivalry type matchups. now I don't care. I say bring on Yukon, maybe it gives us a way to redeem this seemingly lost season.

another voice is heard from. You guys weren't around much this year. Until now. And I've read some of the things you and sdhusky have to say about us on the BY.

Here are my last two quote about SU on the boneyard (to a PC fan):

"Ummm, suggesting that SU has a great BB program and coach isn't sucking up. It's a fact."

"We are jealous SU playing Duke and UNC, not PC playing Seton Hall. Moron."

And before that I made a comment that if SU lost in the first round of the ACC and we won the AAC, we might be hired seeded.

But that would never happen.

UConn is 7-4 vs top 50, and 11-6 vs top 100. They have 1 bad loss. Elite wins (top 25) are Florida, Cincy *2

Syracuse is 7-2 vs top 50, and 15-3 vs top 100. They have 2 bad losses. Elite wins (top 25) are Villanova, Duke, UNC (and Baylor is getting close - nice bounce back)

So as of now, Syracuse is clearly ahead of UConn, in all possible ways of looking at things. The one bad loss does not make up for 15-3 vs 11-6.

IF UConn beat Louisville

Elite Wins - UConn 4, Syracuse 3 or 4
Top 50 - UConn 8-4, Syracuse 7-2
Top 100 - UConn 12-6, Syracuse 15-3
Bad Losses - UConn 1, Syracuse 2

It's become quite a bit closer if they win. But we still have that nice lead in winning% in the 50 and 100 category... enough that the extra bad loss should not close the gap.

I would still stick with Syracuse over UConn if they win the AAC. I would be surprised if they actually won though.

UConn is 7-4 vs top 50, and 11-6 vs top 100. They have 1 bad loss. Elite wins (top 25) are Florida, Cincy *2

Syracuse is 7-2 vs top 50, and 15-3 vs top 100. They have 2 bad losses. Elite wins (top 25) are Villanova, Duke, UNC (and Baylor is getting close - nice bounce back)

So as of now, Syracuse is clearly ahead of UConn, in all possible ways of looking at things. The one bad loss does not make up for 15-3 vs 11-6.

IF UConn beat Louisville

Elite Wins - UConn 4, Syracuse 3 or 4
Top 50 - UConn 8-4, Syracuse 7-2
Top 100 - UConn 12-6, Syracuse 15-3
Bad Losses - UConn 1, Syracuse 2

It's become quite a bit closer if they win. But we still have that nice lead in winning% in the 50 and 100 category... enough that the extra bad loss should not close the gap.

I would still stick with Syracuse over UConn if they win the AAC. I would be surprised if they actually won though.

Does how you finish the season count? I"ve heard conflicting reports

Does how you finish the season count? I"ve heard conflicting reports

No. The last 10 metric was abandoned about 5 years ago when they went to the "whole body of work" philosophy -- the metric obviously did not fit in with the philisophy.

People still think it is relevant but it really isn't. Sort of like UConn a few years from now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom