Could Storrs steal Buffalo? * | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Could Storrs steal Buffalo? *

Does how you finish the season count? I"ve heard conflicting reports

Not necessarily. Last 10 games used to count but it's not on the official list anymore, but imo they still seem to give conf champs a huge seed bump

UConn could be a 4 or 5. But even if we are both 4's, they would be closer to the end of the line, so we have first dibs on Buffalo.

I certainly think they would be that 5 if we are a 4. Especially now that the bracketing rules have been loosened regarding conference teams outside of the top 4 seeds.

The matchup makes sense, and distance wise, the Buffalo pod makes sense for them too.

If we salvage the 3, UConn will not be a 6.

Albany will steal Buffalo and our 8seed. Might as well not even pack the white jerseys next week.

Not necessarily. Last 10 games used to count but it's not on the official list anymore, but imo they still seem to give conf champs a huge seed bump

That's because conference champs can get 2 top 25 / 2 top 50 wins in a tourney, while other teams in their range could get 0 top 50 wins. It will close the gap quickly, even from a whole body of work perspective, and even if you don't add any importance to that "individual game".

And I've read some of the things you and sdhusky have to say about us on the BY.

Hellooooooooo two way street.

sd, try and keep it civil or keep it on our side, please.

Here are my last two quote about SU on the boneyard (to a PC fan):

"Ummm, suggesting that SU has a great BB program and coach isn't sucking up. It's a fact."

"We are jealous SU playing Duke and UNC, not PC playing Seton Hall. Moron."

And before that I made a comment that if SU lost in the first round of the ACC and we won the AAC, we might be hired seeded.

But that would never happen.

When a fan comes over to another board, even acting "friendly" when the other team is down, it is done for one reason. To be a troll.

When a fan comes over to another board, even acting "friendly" when the other team is down, it is done for one reason. To be a troll.

fair enough.

I won't post again until the season is over...

No. The last 10 metric was abandoned about 5 years ago when they went to the "whole body of work" philosophy -- the metric obviously did not fit in with the philisophy.

People still think it is relevant but it really isn't. Sort of like UConn a few years from now.

Let's not be all high and mighty. UConn is still relevant. They may play in a junky conference but I would not want to run into them in the NCAA's.
They just won at Memphis and Cinci in back to back nights basically. What have we done? Oh yeah, lost to 2 crap teams at home, as well as to NC State tonight.

Uconn is better than some of us think and they probably aren't going away regardless of what conference they are in.

I don't know.

UCONN won tonight with Napier B game. Let's see what happens if he brings his A game tomorrow.
Like I said. no chance. See you guys in Buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom