Cpl Megan Leavey Movie | Syracusefan.com

Cpl Megan Leavey Movie

I'm a Proud retired Marine today! They have made a Movie about one of my Marines who served under me in Iraq in 2006. Cpl Megan Leavey.

Very cool. Unfortunately by the trailer it looks like they framed this as treating her like an outsider/idiot the entire time for dramatic effect. Specifically, the scene "they aren't pets, they're warriors." Seems like an absurdly condescending and stupid thing to say to a combat veteran marine dog handler, ya know? I understand they have to do those things sometimes to make the movie.

Thanks for the info. I'm a sucker for anything based on a true story.

I'm a Proud retired Marine today! They have made a Movie about one of my Marines who served under me in Iraq in 2006. Cpl Megan Leavey.
Did she look anything like Kate Mara?

1.jpg
Did she look anything like Kate Mara?
Megan on the left Kate on the right

Saw the movie last night at an advance screening. We thought it was very well done except for the Chuck Schumer part. Be interested to hear your thoughts JarHeadJim

Saw the movie last night at an advance screening. We thought it was very well done except for the Chuck Schumer part. Be interested to hear your thoughts JarHeadJim
Was it the actual part or do you just not like Chuck Schumer?

Was it the actual part or do you just not like Chuck Schumer?

Not a cameo. An actor played the part. Just not a Chuck fan. Actually the downside of the movie IMO was the editing of the story following her retirement from the Corps. Came off rushed and disjointed and not enough development of the story and steps she went through to adopt the dog. Got a few signatures on a petition, met Schumer, went on TV and - Surprise! - she gets the dog.

Not a cameo. An actor played the part. Just not a Chuck fan. Actually the downside of the movie IMO was the editing of the story following her retirement from the Corps. Came off rushed and disjointed and not enough development of the story and steps she went through to adopt the dog. Got a few signatures on a petition, met Schumer, went on TV and - Surprise! - she gets the dog.
Well, if he helped her get the dog, it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom