Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Eric15

Living Legend
The following teams have lost today:

#20 Florida
#21 Wake Forest
#22 Texas
#25 Miami

#23 Texas A&M is losing by 1 at the half. (They basically scored on a 14-point swing with a crazy fumble return)

That's a lot of movement to create room for us to move up. #15 Oregon would have dropped out had they not scored 29 4th quarter points.

I don't think we quite get in this week, but we should be very close.

Last edited:
3 P5 wins and teams in top 25 with a loss. We should absolutely be in the top 25. Not saying we will be but ridiculous if we aren’t

Last week, ACC PM gave a stat that there were only 4 P5 teams with 2 P5 wins; and Syracuse and FSU were 2 of them. I don’t remember the other 2.
Penn State and Georgia I believe

Agreed but can’t say I don’t care, I definitely care. Being ranked is exciting from an emotional standpoint, and on the tangible level it’s good for the program as it can impact both attendance and recruiting. It definitely matters.
I used to believe that it helped recruiting and attendance but I don't anymore. It helps getting you on TV in better slots. And your scores are posted on the top of websites, along with Sports Center highlights.

Penn State and Georgia I believe
Freakin' Penn State looks like it's loaded again. Nothing like bringing a recruit to Happy Valley and let him watch 100K screaming fans to convince him where he wants to play.

I used to believe that it helped recruiting and attendance but I don't anymore. It helps getting you on TV in better slots. And your scores are posted on the top of websites, along with Sports Center highlights.
Our current situation may indeed be hard soil but I think it still rings true.

Both of tjose help recruiting. And if you don’t think being able to sell a top 25 program to recruits helps idk what to tell yoy

I think we should be in coaches, but will just miss AP.

Needed Texas A and M to lose.

Can see Kansas, Cincy, FSU, Minnesota getting in with Wake hanging in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom