Craft | Syracusefan.com

Craft

OttoMets

Living Legend
How can anyone respect the way this kid plays?

They just ran a quick montage of today's highlights, showing him hitting Iowa players across the forearms as Kellogg gushed about his "quick hands."

Ugh.

On the bright side, Iowa's looking good.

"If you aren't strong around him he will take your lunch money" umm you mean he will foul you until you cannot hold the ball. I just started a thread about OSU as a team playing D with their hands just before you posted this. They always put a hand on the hip of the ball handler on the perimeter which is supposed to be an auto foul this year. The whole Crap thing is just a travesty of justice and a farce that drives me crazy.

Was wondering where everyone was with this game on, and Iowa leading for most of the half

Was wondering where everyone was with this game on, and Iowa leading for most of the half

Iowa is a solid team and OSU can struggle on offense. I think Iowa can pull it off.

How can anyone respect the way this kid plays?

They just ran a quick montage of today's highlights, showing him hitting Iowa players across the forearms as Kellogg gushed about his "quick hands."

Ugh.

On the bright side, Iowa's looking good.

He had a nice cross body-block at mid-court which resulted in a "steal" and breakaway dunk for OSU.

Ahh. Didn't realize Paulus graduated from grad school and is now an assistant coach.

Craft is one of the best on-ball defenders I've seen in college hoops. Staying between the ballhandler and his desired location is an art that few of today's basketball players have little interest in.

If he were called the same as every other player I might be able to appreciate what skills he has but with his unfair advantage all I can do is constantly watch him foul with no call over and over again. Its kind of hard to appreciate him in that sense for me.

I don't know how to copy twitter posts here, but Seth Greenberg (@Sethonhoops) just said:
"OSU is very handy on the ball. Surprised they don't commit more fouls."

I really wish more guys in the sports medea business would just tell the truth like this. Its even worse when they give Craft the verbal BJ while showing a replay of him fouling someone and stealing the ball.

Craft is one of the best on-ball defenders I've seen in college hoops. Staying between the ballhandler and his desired location is an art that few of today's basketball players have little interest in.

He's very aggressive. he's found a way to get away with endlessly hand-checking/arm-barring/grabbing/slapping/and running into offensive players without getting called for fouls. Not sure why he's able to assault his opponents with no penalty - but good for him I guess.

I think it goes back to the fundamental problem with basketball, you can't call everything. The folks that think Craft is great must have LOVED the 80's era Georgetown teams - they both played with the same philosophy. Assault your opponent on every single possession because you'll get away with it 95% of the time.

He's very aggressive. he's found a way to get away with endlessly hand-checking/arm-barring/grabbing/slapping/and running into offensive players without getting called for fouls. Not sure why he's able to assault his opponents with no penalty - but good for him I guess.

I think it goes back to the fundamental problem with basketball, you can't call everything. The folks that think Craft is great must have LOVED the 80's era Georgetown teams - they both played with the same philosophy. Assault your opponent on every single possession because you'll get away with it 95% of the time.

or a fan of the Butler/Pitt style of basketball.

That might be the biggest win in conference so far for a BiG team. On the road against OSU.

I'll never understand how a player that is virtually a liability to his team on offense, and whose defense is based on repeated physical contact (i.e., fouling) is hailed by so many as some sort of All Universe basketball player. Actually, it's baffling.
Whatever, he completely sh__ the bed down the stretch of the game today and almost single-handedly cost his team the game. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom