Cross Brantley off the list of MM attendees | Syracusefan.com

Cross Brantley off the list of MM attendees

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline

Rather then visiting Syracuse this weekend, 2013 Wilbraham & Monson (MA) PG Jaylen Brantley will attend UConn Midnight Madness.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline

Rather then visiting Syracuse this weekend, 2013 Wilbraham & Monson (MA) PG Jaylen Brantley will attend UConn Midnight Madness.
kids clearly clueless... they aren't getting an invite!!!!

Maybe he is afraid he can't measure up to all the talent in the Dome that night.

Ouch

I don't think he's that big of a loss, to be honest. I'd rather lose a '13 kid than a '12, as there's always a chance he comes next year. Regardless, you want as many recruits there as possible.

And I think Briscoe is, and will be, better than Brantley

I don't think he's that big of a loss, to be honest. I'd rather lose a '13 kid than a '12, as there's always a chance he comes next year. Regardless, you want as many recruits there as possible.
Nerlens is still coming correct.

I'm not understanding this... What has UConn's MM got going for it. Now Brantley along with Amile Jefferson, Kuran Iverson and a bunch of others scheduled for UConn MM. What is te draw. Sometimes I think that the recruits draw each other as opposed to the actual happenings of the MM. We obviously have the best MM going and we only draw 2 recruits (altho those recruits ain't bad) ... but UConn and Kentucky have a slate full of recruits.

I'm not understanding this... What has UConn's MM got going for it. Now Brantley along with Amile Jefferson, Kuran Iverson and a bunch of others scheduled for UConn MM. What is the draw. Sometimes I think that the recruits draw each other as opposed to the actual happenings of the MM. We obviously have the best MM going and we only draw 2 recruits (altho those recruits ain't bad) ... but UConn and Kentucky have a slate full of recruits.

Maybe they're having a special drawing for $10K. ;)

Maybe they're drawn to the sheer gangstah-like quality of the two coaches? After all, they are brazen Cheet-ahs. ;)

With UConn, I think it has more to do with the 'hey, we might as well go and see the place now because we won't be coming back again" thought process. :)

He tweeted yesterday afternoon something like "guess i'm not going to a midnight madness... hate my school."

Wayne Selden isn't going to be attending a MM either. Not sure if he was scheduled to go to one, but wonder if he has something to do too. I think there's a BABC prospect camp the day after MM in Boston.

2015 Troy (NY) PG Zach Radz will attend Syracuse Midnight Madness this weekend, per his dad. - Alex Kline

images

5'8, 135# .. Troy HS PG. Let's see ... 2015 that would make him 13 -14 yo. Great exposure for the kid and a chance for Dad to meet the players ... Good for him.

Actually, that's why Brantley backed out ... not b/c of Briscoe but b/c he heard Zach was coming. BTW, all joking aside this kid's got a pretty decent resume.

I'm not understanding this... What has UConn's MM got going for it. Now Brantley along with Amile Jefferson, Kuran Iverson and a bunch of others scheduled for UConn MM. What is te draw. Sometimes I think that the recruits draw each other as opposed to the actual happenings of the MM. We obviously have the best MM going and we only draw 2 recruits (altho those recruits ain't bad) ... but UConn and Kentucky have a slate full of recruits.
Maybe a HOF coach with 3 national championships since 99 has some pull.

Noah Vonleh is attending UCONNs too. disappointing. I would love for SU to be in with him and thought we were.

Noah Vonleh is attending UCONNs too. disappointing. I would love for SU to be in with him and thought we were.

We are. He's not deciding anytime soon so no need to be disappointed yet.

We are. He's not deciding anytime soon so no need to be disappointed yet.

Sweet...I should have just read the update you had on him via your website like I did just now. haha

Glad the Orange are making Vonleh a priority. Think he'll be a good one.

Francis, correct me if I'm wrong, but SU seems to be in good with a decent amount of 2013/2014 players right? Nerlens Noel (13), Beeyjay Anya (13), Goodluck Okonoboh (13), Jermaine Lawrence (13), Noah Vonleh (14), Chris McCullough (14), Dwayne Morgan (14)...not only a large, quality group, but mostly forwards/centers right? Future seems promising (at least for big men)!

We have to keep in perspective that the 2013, 2014, and 2015 kids have more years of Midnight Madnesses to attend. If a '13 goes somewhere else, get him next year.

We have to keep in perspective that the 2013, 2014, and 2015 kids have more years of Midnight Madnesses to attend. If a '13 goes somewhere else, get him next year.
Next year we aren't going to have an alumni game or a rapper on the level of Meek Mill though...

Next year we aren't going to have an alumni game or a rapper on the level of Meek Mill though...

Good point. Maybe TGD will find a way to keep it fresh and new. I kind of like the idea of doing a skills competition a la NBA all-star game, but that could take a pretty long time.

Sweet...I should have just read the update you had on him via your website like I did just now. haha

Glad the Orange are making Vonleh a priority. Think he'll be a good one.

Francis, correct me if I'm wrong, but SU seems to be in good with a decent amount of 2013/2014 players right? Nerlens Noel (13), Beeyjay Anya (13), Goodluck Okonoboh (13), Jermaine Lawrence (13), Noah Vonleh (14), Chris McCullough (14), Dwayne Morgan (14)...not only a large, quality group, but mostly forwards/centers right? Future seems promising (at least for big men)!

Correct. We're definitely involved with most of the players you've named. 2013/14 are some of the best classes overall that I've seen in a while.