Cross-Division Opponents thru 2024 (a.k.a. so much for divisional realignment) | Syracusefan.com

Cross-Division Opponents thru 2024 (a.k.a. so much for divisional realignment)

Yikes 2024 before we get Miami at home man that is a LONG time. Atleast VPI is 2016.

Edit: F it I am just going to say that I know from somebody I trust changes will be happening with the ACC schedules. If you think FSU and Ga. Tech are only going to play 2 time over 12 years outside of the ACC Championship game your crazy. That is all

Yikes 2024 before we get Miami at home man that is a LONG time. Atleast VPI is 2016.

Edit: F it I am just going to say that I know from somebody I trust changes will be happening with the ACC schedules. If you think FSU and Ga. Tech are only going to play 2 time over 12 years outside of the ACC Championship game your crazy. That is all

So why did they announce this now? Seems odd.

FWIW, as much as I'd like to see Miami and VaTech more because of the familiarity we have with them from the old Big East, I'm perfectly OK having Florida State, Clemson and Louisville as our annual marquee division opponents. If we stay competitive we'll have some fun tilts with those guys.

That being said, most of the permanent cross-overs are unnecessary. Waste of a game.

If they ACC just went 4 NC schools 2 VA schools Miami in one division and FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson- 3 way rivalry, BC, SU, Pitt, Louisville nice 4 way rivalry in the other division it would be the best FOR EVERYBODY.

If they ACC just went 4 NC schools 2 VA schools Miami in one division and FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson- 3 way rivalry, BC, SU, Pitt, Louisville nice 4 way rivalry in the other division it would be the best FOR EVERYBODY.

wow, that would be a brutally tough division (the Cuse one).

wow, that would be a brutally tough division (the Cuse one).
Its basically trading Wake Forest, NC State for Pittsburgh and Georgia Tech. I think that is pretty even, and Miami, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, NC State could carry their division in the conference. Our division would have a nice way 4 way rivalry among old Big East and the Florida State-Georgia Tech-Clemson bunch would have nice rivalry games.

Yeah, they're going to need to go to a 9-game schedule at least.

I like those divisions

I like those divisions

http://theacc.co/FB1424release

The kids who will be playing for SU when we get Miami at home are now 7 years old.

Ouch, that is quite unfortunate. I really hope they add a 9th game or just do away with the annual opponent from the other division. Or better yet, do both.

For those planning for 2025, we will make our return to Atlanta that year. Maybe we go back to College Park again in 3025.

All of this can still be changed. I hope. I'm sorry but not on board with this setup. Awful.

So why did they announce this now? Seems odd.
so the backlash can start.

Q: who in their right minds think this is a good setup?? A: no one

lets get it out there now and get this fixed ASAP. 9 games here we come.

didnt the coaches vote on this? 1st of all, they never should have a say, most are gone in 5 years anywho, and 2nd...queue millhouse...theyre freakin meatheads!! they shouldnt have a say in anything other getting their team prepared to play each and every week.

son of a b!tch :bang::bang:

guess us Atlanta based SU fans better enjoy the hell out of that Tech game this year

I'll just tell my 3 year old to enjoy seeing the Cuse in town b\c he'll be a senior in HS when they visit again.

9 games aren't going to happen unless FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson dump their annual SEC in-state games. Every school with a huge football stadium wants 7 home games playing 9 conference games and 1 guaranteed SEC rivalry games means for those 3 teams they can't schedule any non-home games. So unless they dump their rivalry games or the SEC themselves goes to 9 games the ACC isn't going to tick off its top football schools with 9 conference games.

It doesn't bother me too much. Miami aren't what they used to be (neither are we but we are getting better). I really like our schedule and I think I can catch two away games this year which is awesome for me because I didn't make it to any this past year in football.

so the backlash can start.

Q: who in their right minds think this is a good setup?? A: no one

lets get it out there now and get this fixed ASAP. 9 games here we come.

didnt the coaches vote on this? 1st of all, they never should have a say, most are gone in 5 years anywho, and 2nd...queue millhouse...theyre freakin meatheads!! they shouldnt have a say in anything other getting their team prepared to play each and every week.

Not sure what say the coaches had on anything. It was the ADs at a few schools who are adamant about staying at 8 conference games. And the schedule they just released is just about the "when", as the "what" was determined already.

If 9 games can't happen I really wish they'd dump the permanent cross-over. A couple tweaks to the divisions could solve most of the "needs" on that front. And if they have to have a permanent Miami-FSU cross-over (i.e. Indiana-Purdue) just do that and let everyone else off the hook. I think I'd sacrifice seeing Pitt every year to see Miami, VaTech, UNC and UVA more than once every 12 years in the Dome.

http://theacc.co/FB1424release

The kids who will be playing for SU when we get Miami at home are now 7 years old.

Is it me, or is our conference way harder than the other. I liked it when we had a 9 game schedule w/o ND where we would have had a home game evrey 6 years with the other conference teams and would meet evrey 3 years, which means if you are a 4 year student, you would have played evrey team in the division. The current set up mean you will see Miami at the Dome evrey 12 years as well as any of the other teams on that side of the ACC. Meeting 1 evrey 6 years is not a conference opponent IMO.

Not sure what say the coaches had on anything. It was the ADs at a few schools who are adamant about staying at 8 conference games. And the schedule they just released is just about the "when", as the "what" was determined already.

If 9 games can't happen I really wish they'd dump the permanent cross-over. A couple tweaks to the divisions could solve most of the "needs" on that front. And if they have to have a permanent Miami-FSU cross-over (i.e. Indiana-Purdue) just do that and let everyone else off the hook. I think I'd sacrifice seeing Pitt every year to see Miami, VaTech, UNC and UVA more than once every 12 years in the Dome.

How many SU fans make the trip to Pittsburgh when SU is at Pitt? I know not many Pitt fans show up in Syracuse - seems an unnecessary annual game and like Scooch I'd much rather have a cycle of the other teams in that division than an annual SU/Pitt game that neither fanbase is that excited about

These are crossover games that need to be protected
Georgia Tech-Clemson
North Carolina-NC State
Miami-Florida State
Duke-Wake Forest

Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville should rotate among Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech rather than keep it at SU-Pitt, BC-VPI, UL-UVA.

These are crossover games that need to be protected
Georgia Tech-Clemson
North Carolina-NC State
Miami-Florida State
Duke-Wake Forest

Syracuse, Boston College, Louisville should rotate among Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech rather than keep it at SU-Pitt, BC-VPI, UL-UVA.
they dont even have to rotate it. just put them in the queue with everyone else. so 1x every 6 years you see 6 teams 2x and 1 team happens every 7. make that pitt, not only do i need them as a 'rival', i dont need them at all.

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom