Crow | Syracusefan.com

Crow

Nahson

Your best friend
Those who said Garrett Shrader couldn't throw a ball, we want to eat crow now or in a few games? Up to you. Kid was amazing tonight. If it wasn't for drops, he's pushing 300 out of the gate against an ACC opponent.

Those who said Garrett Shrader couldn't throw a ball, we want to eat crow now or in a few games? Up to you. Kid was amazing tonight. If it wasn't for drops, he's pushing 300 out of the gate against an ACC opponent.

He was going through his reads, dropped a back shoulder throw and the ones he missed were right there ( others drops). He had a pretty one he fit into a tight window even. He looked like a QB not a runner who can throw. Also not just that but he had command of the offense. Super impressed

I think it's a combination of he made a lot of improvement with his passing, but also the staff did a great job of calling plays and putting him in position to be successful.

Looked great throwing the ball. The passes seemed to come out of his hand with a little more zip, too.

He had a very good game. Lets see how the whole year goes passing. He is 55% for his career. I love him as a runner, that play where he just decided to blow up two guys for the first down was why I am glad he's got the job last year

Most of my doubt came post-VaTech last year and it was in his arm, not his athleticism or his leadership ability.

Happy to eat crow on that - he looked great and the combination with Tucker is going to be very hard to stop.

As a reminder, a couple of us had been telling you that Shrader was very banged up at the end of last season and to expect a completely different qb.

Just wanted to remind you I said a couple weeks ago that I thought everyone would be pleasantly surprised

Shrader is going to continue to do great things this season.

Enjoy the ride folks!

It’s two things:

1.) He played the back half of last year with severely bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain. Not exactly a recipe for putting zip on the ball.

2.) A major upgrade in QB coaching and OC scheming. Having WRs open for once helps those numbers….

It’s two things:

1.) He played the back half of last year with severely bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain. Not exactly a recipe for putting zip on the ball.

2.) A major upgrade in QB coaching and OC scheming. Having WRs open for once helps those numbers….

Don’t forget his arm injury too

Oh and the game last year that he played where he had bronchitis and couldn’t breath

As a reminder, a couple of us had been telling you that Shrader was very banged up at the end of last season and to expect a completely different qb.

Just wanted to remind you I said a couple weeks ago that I thought everyone would be pleasantly surprised

Shrader is going to continue to do great things this season.

Enjoy the ride folks!
Eh, I tend to take posts here with a grain of salt. Noted.

(To be technical, my position wasn't that he couldn't throw, just they hadn't demonstrated that he could throw, even on rare occasions he had time.).
However, I am happy to start the day in a mood for some tasty fowl.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Shrader was quoted as saying he had a dead arm by seasons end last year. He indicated he had not been throwing as much prior year and there was just little left in it. I forget where I saw him say that but yeah…dead arm was the issue.

Call me insane, but he seriously looked like Auburn Cam Newton to me out there. His runs were insane. When he trucked those guys at 1 yard line on 3rd down, I mean wow. Zero fear. The drops could have led to 3 more scores as they were chunk play drops.

This system is setting him up to be taysom hill and I’m frickin here for it

Just watching his warm ups you could tell his spiral was alot tighter and he had more zip on his passes. He still has to keep working at it but definitely made some nice strides in offseason

My only concern w/ him right now is can he hold up over the course of the year

My only concern w/ him right now is can he hold up over the course of the year

Haven't watched replay yet but looked to me he was smart even when being aggressive. Even when laying out he protected himself better.

He ran a lot, but really didn't take a lot of shots. When he trucked the two DBs to get the first down, he delivered the blow instead of taking it. I think the fact that LBs and safeties are going to have to respect the passing game saves him a lot of contact. He's not running for his life with 9 guys chasing him, he has more room to maneuver and more chance to not get crunched.

He ran a lot, but really didn't take a lot of shots. When he trucked the two DBs to get the first down, he delivered the blow instead of taking it. I think the fact that LBs and safeties are going to have to respect the passing game saves him a lot of contact. He's not running for his life with 9 guys chasing him, he has more room to maneuver and more chance to not get crunched.

The offensive line did get leaky in the second half. He was feeling some pressure in the pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom