Current Staff Composition - Who Would You Replace? | Syracusefan.com

Current Staff Composition - Who Would You Replace?

javadoc

All American
I think we need another top notch recruiter to get to the next level, and perhaps some role shake-ups.

Gilbert - OC/QB
Schmidt - OL
Lynch - RB
Samuel - WR
Ferri - TE/"Inside Receivers"

White - DC
Reynolds - DL
Achuff - LB
Monroe - S/"Nickel backs"
West - CB

First off, who is doing special teams? Second, given the way that we actually use TE on game day, I think it's a wasted coaching position. Let the OL coach teach them blocking assignments, and the WR coach handle routes etc.

So how good a recruiter is Ferri? Can he handle special teams as more of a full-time assignment?

I think that at the P5 level, especially if you want to be more than middling at best, part of the job description for an assistant coach is to be a strong recruiter. I don't care how nice you are, or how good you are at coaching the position - there has to be some minimum level of strong recruiters on staff. I don't think we're there.

What would you do with the assistant staff line-up this offseason?

What is the NCAA limit on the number of coaches and how do the elite teams seem to have a lot more?

What is the NCAA limit on the number of coaches and how do the elite teams seem to have a lot more?

The elite/factory teams have a raft of "Quality Control Personnel", which is how they get around the limitations on actual # of coaches.

Check out the Clemson sideline on Friday nite - they'll have easily DOUBLE the number of non-players roaming around.

I think we need another top notch recruiter to get to the next level, and perhaps some role shake-ups.

Gilbert - OC/QB
Schmidt - OL
Lynch - RB
Samuel - WR

First off, who is doing special teams? Second, given the way that we actually use TE on game day, I think it's a wasted coaching position. Let the OL coach teach them blocking assignments, and the WR coach handle routes etc.

So how good a recruiter is Ferri? Can he handle special teams as more of a full-time assignment?

I think that at the P5 level, especially if you want to be more than middling at best, part of the job description for an assistant coach is to be a strong recruiter. I don't care how nice you are, or how good you are at coaching the position - there has to be some minimum level of strong recruiters on staff. I don't think we're there.

Ferri is very important to recruiting operations - he's the DMV guy. Can't confirm this, but it likely means he was involved with Tucker and Wax, among others.

The TE / Inside Receivers coaching position is standard in spread offenses. That said, is Cuse technically a spread offense anymore? What's the plan going forward? Ferri has always been the TE coach and has coached RB in his career as well.

Ferri is very important to recruiting operations - he's the DMV guy. Can't confirm this, but it likely means he was involved with Tucker and Wax, among others.

The TE / Inside Receivers coaching position is standard in spread offenses. That said, is Cuse technically a spread offense anymore? What's the plan going forward? Ferri has always been the TE coach and has coached RB in his career as well.
Yes

Ferri is low key on par with Monroe in my eyes and has built some very nice relationships.

Agree to hand off TE responsibility to OL or add ST to his duties.

Yes

Ferri is low key on par with Monroe in my eyes and has built some very nice relationships.

Agree to hand off TE responsibility to OL or add ST to his duties.
How about Lynch? I know he's been around a while, but RB coach is typically a recruiting position (IMO). Is it worth keeping Lynch in this capacity if we're bearing an opportunity cost on the recruiting side? What's his track record on recruiting?

How about Lynch? I know he's been around a while, but RB coach is typically a recruiting position (IMO). Is it worth keeping Lynch in this capacity if we're bearing an opportunity cost on the recruiting side? What's his track record on recruiting?
For priority recruits, Lynch was often sent. Plenty of pics with Cav AND Lynch in recruits homes.

Gilbert - OC/QB
Schmidt - OL
Lynch - RB
Samuel - WR

White - DC
Reynolds - DL
Achuff - LB
Monroe - S/"Nickel backs"
West - CB

The invisible Special Teams coach.

Schmitt: OL/TE/Running Game Coordinator (more money to keep him here)
Ferri: Inside Receivers/Special Teams
White: Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator (more money to keep him here)

The invisible Special Teams coach.
Is White really not overseeing any of the units? I wonder if he could pick up some of the LB responsibility to free up a spot.

The discussion over Lynch has been had on this board.

Inside info - the players absolutely adore him. Aside from Dino leaving, this would be the move that could actually cause a substantial rift.

One thing to keep in mind (re: Lynch) - in this day and age, the position coach does more of the recruiting than the area coach. The area coach typically does the work early on in the process (getting names/visiting school/etc) but then the position coach would take over Jr/Sr years to close the deal with the HC.

I bring this up because our RB is pretty good lol.

Inside info - the players absolutely adore him. Aside from Dino leaving, this would be the move that could actually cause a substantial rift.
One of the good guys. Having a potential Heisman candidate in his unit should only help him with recruiting. I think most of us see the improvement in Tucker's quick one cut.

Interesting that he's in the booth this year. Makes me wonder if he is the running game coordinator. If not? Have to guess he has substantial input if he's up there.

We need Ferri going forward. He is one of the better closers. I would have no problem giving him ST along with the TE's. Work with the kickers, returners, gunners and LS. Have the TE's take nap time during practice or work with the OL coach We never throw to them anyway.

Schmitt: OL/TE/Running Game Coordinator (more money to keep him here)
Ferri: Inside Receivers/Special Teams
White: Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator (more money to keep him here)

Keeping Coach White and Coach Schmidt should be a priority for this program.

Everyone recognizes their contributions to the improvement of this team and program.

I’m sure their phones are already ringing.

the short bald guy (iago) who stands next to dino stroking his grey beard and looking clueless all game.

He was OL coach and bad, also AOC, and was bad, had job as OC, before becoming RB coach. Out of all the coaches haven't seen anything great from him. Really can't know how much he has done with Tucker, the talent was there before he got here.

the short bald guy (iago) who stands next to dino stroking his grey beard and looking clueless all game.
are you talkng about or S/C..Sean Edinger?
He doesn't count vs the max # of football coaches a team is allowed.

looking at the profiles yes that's him. if he don't matter why is he always at dino's right hand ? IAGO.

He was OL coach and bad, also AOC, and was bad, had job as OC, before becoming RB coach. Out of all the coaches haven't seen anything great from him. Really can't know how much he has done with Tucker, the talent was there before he got here.
I thought he did a good job as our OC in 18, after Lewis went to Kent state.

Yes, he brought in Tucker and Wax.

Keeping Coach White and Coach Schmidt should be a priority for this program.

Everyone recognizes their contributions to the improvement of this team and program.

I’m sure their phones are already ringing.

You CANNOT leave Swag Daddy off this list of must keep staff members.

He is THE closer on the staff.
And the main reason we're becoming DBU these past few years.

Id give Monroe special teams on top of his current job and pay him more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom