Cuse at Albany soon ? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse at Albany soon ?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Times Union reporting coaches in discussions about playing at Casey Stadium in the next couple of years.

Albany Lax to the ACC. Throw some meat to them dawgs.

Times Union reporting coaches in discussions about playing at Casey Stadium in the next couple of years.

Anything is possible but I don't see SU going to a rotating home and away with Albany like they do with Hobart and Cornell who SU has been playing for decades and decades. I don't know if Colgate is long for the schedule with the changes coming to the conference tournaments so SU maybe more open to do something with Albany. Maybe a 2 for 1 scenario.

Anything is possible but I don't see SU going to a rotating home and away with Albany like they do with Hobart and Cornell who SU has been playing for decades and decades. I don't know if Colgate is long for the schedule with the changes coming to the conference tournaments so SU maybe more open to do something with Albany. Maybe a 2 for 1 scenario.
Jeremy, Albany has become a major Lax power, playing them for dominance in New York is the future. This game will generate huge interest around the state.

If they're in discussions then it's going to happen. Besides the fact that it's a made for TV game and good for NYS lacrosse, I'd believe there's some other implications being that it's a SUNY school located in the Capital.

If they're in discussions then it's going to happen. Besides the fact that it's a made for TV game and good for NYS lacrosse, I'd believe there's some other implications being that it's a SUNY school located in the Capital.
Yes, get them in as the 6th ACC lax team and Albany ponies up the dough for the domoreno.

The matchup has been a made for TV game the last half decade and ESPN has shown it couldn't care less. Albany still has a way to go to move the needle nationally despite Marr doing a hell of a job. Will it happen probably but I wouldn't say its a definite as there are a lot of moving parts right now with the ACC schedule, the ACC conference tourney change, and SU playing around with the OOC.

Yes, get them in as the 6th ACC lax team and Albany ponies up the dough for the domoreno.

ACC doesn't do partial members and Albany is unlikely to get the green light from the American East even if the ACC offered.

ACC doesn't do partial members and Albany is unlikely to get the green light from the American East even if the ACC offered.
Money makes the world go around.

The matchup has been a made for TV game the last half decade and ESPN has shown it couldn't care less. Albany still has a way to go to move the needle nationally despite Marr doing a hell of a job. Will it happen probably but I wouldn't say its a definite as there are a lot of moving parts right now with the ACC schedule, the ACC conference tourney change, and SU playing around with the OOC.

What I meant by that TV comment (which was dumb) but what I meant was that Albany would likely sell out their football stadium for the game. Playoff type atmosphere 7K. If the weather is nice standing room only would be my guess providing both teams are top 5.

Hobart should drop back down to D3.

UAlbany lacrosse could land home game with Syracuse

"Definitely in the next couple of years,'' UAlbany head coach Scott Marr said.

Marr and Syracuse counterpart John Desko confirmed they're having discussions about a match at Casey Stadium, which would be a landmark event for college lacrosse in the Capital Region. They're looking at an April date for nicer weather, according to Marr.

"If we can get Syracuse to come here, it would certainty be a priority,'' Marr said. "It would be a game-changer for our area. I think the people here, the fans here, really would appreciate seeing Syracuse come here. Just knowing the rivalry we've had and whatnot, to bring that type of a team here. It would be awesome. I think we could put 10,000 people in the stands."

UAlbany is moving all of its home games to Casey Stadium, where the Great Dane football team plays, while the turf is being replaced at smaller John Fallon Field.

What I meant by that TV comment (which was dumb) but what I meant was that Albany would likely sell out their football stadium for the game. Playoff type atmosphere 7K. If the weather is nice standing room only would be my guess providing both teams are top 5.

Hobart should drop back down to D3.

I agree with that 100%, they would absolutely sell it out. Believe Marr noted stadium sits 10K and thats what he thought they could get. I could definitely see SU playing there but I just don't see them doing it on a rotational basis every other year like they do with Cornell and Hobart. I wouldn't have an issue playing there every few years.

Hobart tried that several years ago and the alumni revolted. The die is cast for them but they will never move back to D-3 now. Their alumni would rather beat Syracuse once a decade and play in that crap conference then win the D3 title. For SU it would probably be better if they dropped down as we are Hobarts super bowl every year and the games are getting more physical/chippy every season.

Money makes the world go around.

If they didn't offer it to JHU with all of their money, Suny Albany has zero chance. Trust me the ACC has zero interest.

One match doesn't sound like a permanent "home and home".

Reading the article it sounds like a one time favor for Marr or maybe something they will do once every 5 years or something.

If they didn't offer it to JHU with all of their money, Suny Albany has zero chance. Trust me the ACC has zero interest.
Well if Albany gave SU a large sum of money to do il domoreno ( I'm using an Italian term because it is taking the same time that cathedral renovations take in Italy) then they would create a windfall that SU could use some of on ACC projects. Capisce.

Reading the article it sounds like a one time favor for Marr or maybe something they will do once every 5 years or something.

Sounds like the move to the FB stadium is only temporary while they replace the turf at the LAX stadium.

Well if Albany gave SU a large sum of money to do il domoreno ( I'm using an Italian term because it is taking the same time that cathedral renovations take in Italy) then they would create a windfall that SU could use some of on ACC projects. Capisce.

Thats fine if Albany is looking for some home games with SU in Lax or maybe fball (JB aint playing there) but thats not going to do anything to move the needle on the ACC looking at Albany for lax only membership.

Albany Lax to the ACC. Throw some meat to them dawgs.

If the ACC is going to offer a partial, then go w/Utah next year.

1. They need a conference.
2. There wouldn't be any buy-out.
3. They've got to come to the East for games and teams have to go to the West to play them regardless of which one they join, so why not use them for #6?

Thats fine if Albany is looking for some home games with SU in Lax or maybe fball (JB aint playing there) but thats not going to do anything to move the needle on the ACC looking at Albany for lax only membership.
It's just a matter of time before an ACC team gets burned and doesn't make the tourney because the league only has 5 teams.

3. They've got to come to the East for games and teams have to go to the West to play them regardless of which one they join, so why not use them for #6?
Interesting and OOB thinking. But if the ACC wouldn't consider Hop, UT is probably a non-starter.

Utah, Denver and AF to the Pac12.

Only a matter of time. :p

If it were up to me, the old Big East teams would mutiny and create a new conference.

It's just a matter of time before an ACC gets burned and doesn't make the tourney because the league only has 5 teams.
5 blue-blood teams would all need to collapse at the same time (i.e., lose all their OOC games) in order for the ACC not to make the tournament. 0.01% chance of that happening.

That would be an interesting decision by the ACC but probably doesn't make much sense from the ACC perspective. ACC, Denver and B10 teams are already getting most west coast D1 players and outside of getting to 6 teams (it would be nice) its hard to see what they would actually add to the conference. Its probably going to take Utah a minimum of 5 year to get respectable and in the meantime the ACC's SOS and RPI numbers will take a hit while schools have to fly across the country to blow a team out. I think if you were talking about an SEC team starting a prorgram it would make sense but in this case this screams of Utah using the ACC to build themselves into a decent program to watch them bolt to form some west coast centric league in a decade or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom