Cuse opens (+18) vs. Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens (+18) vs. Clemson

We were 23 point dogs against Clemson, last two years. The 5 more points they're giving us would have been enough to beat em last year, too.

It’s not that bad. Clemson is stacked.
Vegas isn’t stupid and doesn’t want to give sharps free money. That is the proper point spread.
Vegas is saying 42-24 type game.
It beats being 21.5 point underdogs for our first ACC home game in 2013 against Clemson.

Clemson vs.

Texas A+M. -17.5
Syracuse -18

South Carolina -23.5
NC State -24
Florida State -25
North Carolina -27
Louisville -32
Little more respect than year's past.

Puts things in perspective -- if we adjust each for home games (assuming 3 points), we still come out as second toughest on their schedule. And the gap between us and Louisville, NC State and UNC widens.

Texas A+M. -17.5 (-14.5)
Syracuse -18 (-21)

South Carolina -23.5 (-26.5)
NC State -24 (-27)
Florida State -25 (22)
North Carolina -27 (30)
Louisville -32 (-35)

Looks good to me...

tenor.gif

Little more respect than year's past.

Puts things in perspective -- if we adjust each for home games (assuming 3 points), we still come out as second toughest on their schedule. And the gap between us and Louisville, NC State and UNC widens.

Texas A+M. -17.5 (-14.5)
Syracuse -18 (-21)

South Carolina -23.5 (-26.5)
NC State -24 (-27)
Florida State -25 (22)
North Carolina -27 (30)
Louisville -32 (-35)
Is there an echo in here? hah.. :) Like the Home game further analysis. :) I separated TAMU and Cuse for a reason. The only 2 teams to give Clemson a game, last year. I'm not so good at betting odds, so forgive me. TAMU is at Clemson, so they'd be -14.5 at home, but -17.5 in their death valley. We're -18 , so we'd be -21 at Clemson. Is your analysis based on if every team was at Clemson? I saw Florida state going the other way, only reason I'm asking.

I think our upset went to -23.5 Clemson, when $$ went on the table. (may have been last year, though- not looking it up, right now). I'm more happy that the $$ line is shifting. Last years Tex A+M game was early , IIRC, and I think Lawrence wasn't running the ship... (corrections please). I was rooting so hard for A+M, I can't remember.

Lawrence blew things out of the water, for me. I'm not giving them 18, though. I'll give em 11. I think the $$ line goes higher into the low 20's(not the 12 or 13 that was suggested)... I think TAMU or Cuse are the most likely Clemson upset. Is that about right?

Is there an echo in here? hah.. :) Like the Home game further analysis. :) I separated TAMU and Cuse for a reason. The only 2 teams to give Clemson a game, last year. I'm not so good at betting odds, so forgive me. TAMU is at Clemson, so they'd be -14.5 at home, but -17.5 in their death valley. We're -18 , so we'd be -21 at Clemson. Is your analysis based on if every team was at Clemson? I saw Florida state going the other way, only reason I'm asking.

I think our upset went to -23.5 Clemson, when $$ went on the table. (may have been last year, though- not looking it up, right now). I'm more happy that the $$ line is shifting. Last years Tex A+M game was early , IIRC, and I think Lawrence wasn't running the ship... (corrections please). I was rooting so hard for A+M, I can't remember.

Lawrence blew things out of the water, for me. I'm not giving them 18, though. I'll give em 11. I think the $$ line goes higher into the low 20's(not the 12 or 13 that was suggested)... I think TAMU or Cuse are the most likely Clemson upset. Is that about right?
Home field is around 3.5 points. But don’t forget that’s already built into the spreads you’re adjusting. So Clemson -18 at Cuse would be approximately -25 if the game were played in Clemson, -21.5 on a neutral field.

I don’t know about the defense and some games are always closer than expected but I am surprised pundits aren’t kicking around the idea that Clemson’s offense will be among the best in CFB history.

some crazy numbers fan duel vs the Nugget,, 10+ in many cases difference

I saw SU opened -1.5 vs FSU and its already gone to fsu -3

I look forward to you having another long trip back to Mayberry this year wondering what happened, GBO.
We'll see...

I like Clemson's QB enough i'd tank my season ,the year he opts for the draft... Just saying i can see why we're -17

More than fair, Clemson has arguably already one of the best college quarterbacks of all time.

More than fair, Clemson has arguably already one of the best college quarterbacks of all time.
Will he get hurt in the 1st or the 2nd quarter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom