Cuse opens +3/+4 home dogs to UNC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens +3/+4 home dogs to UNC

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Opens at +3, moves to +4. No reason to think this won't be a close game.

how many times in the last 10 yrs did we play duke and NYC and think we had an honest shot at beating them even with our best game.. their upside game is so much lower now . It comes down to can we play our B+/A game.

I expect this to be a high scoring game. Would expect JB to bring Jessie high to run high screen n rolls. Don’t think he’s going to give Jessie too many post up opportunities.

I think we can get away with Hima getting extended minutes and putting more shooters on the floor.

UNC does not pressure the ball well and I expect our guards to get open looks.

Really need to hit the defensive glass.

And I actually think we are the deeper team and will slap a press on them around the 12 minute mark with Hims to see what happens.

Hate that it’s a 9pm start….students will show out though.

I thought NC’s defense was the best it’s been last Saturday against NCS. Their pressure on the perimeter was good.

Davis and Love are going to take a million bad shots against the zone and they will barely play any defense. Need 20 and 10 from Jesse and Judah to stay composed.

It’ll probably just come down to if Joe is hitting or not, though. Need a good game from our volume guy to beat good teams.

I’m really excited.

Davis and Love are going to take a million bad shots against the zone and they will barely play any defense. Need 20 and 10 from Jesse and Judah to stay composed.

It’ll probably just come down to if Joe is hitting or not, though. Need a good game from our volume guy to beat good teams.

I’m really excited.
What defines a bad shot against our zone? I think they are going to get looks. Hope for misses and rebounds and keep scoring.

UNC can't shoot for sht this year. Let's hope it continues.

UNC...very good rebounding team.
Don't shoot the 3 well(up to tonight anyway:confused:..we know how THAT goes)
Good from the foul line. Play up tempo.
Benny's got to show up. CUSE hangs and bangs with UNC, especially on the boards- we win.
Get outboarded by 9 or more, we don't.

Yep, UNC is very uncomfortable shooting threes. They don't attempt many of them and the ones they do take tend to miss. They're 31% from deep on the year and it's been about the same in conference play vs. non-con. On the other end, they've really tightened up their perimeter defense of late so we'll need to run screens to free up our three-point shooters.

On that note, Joe has flat-out stunk against UNC in his career (5 games):
6.2 PPG
11-40 FG (27.5%)
5-17 3FG (29.4%)

They are an excellent defensive rebounding team, so we'll really need Maliq in this one. It's probably his toughest test yet, but if he doesn't show out or we don't get them in foul trouble it'll be one shot and done most trips.

Yep, UNC is very uncomfortable shooting threes. They don't attempt many of them and the ones they do take tend to miss. They're 31% from deep on the year and it's been about the same in conference play vs. non-con. On the other end, they've really tightened up their perimeter defense of late so we'll need to run screens to free up our three-point shooters.

On that note, Joe has flat-out stunk against UNC in his career (5 games):
6.2 PPG
11-40 FG (27.5%)
5-17 3FG (29.4%)

They are an excellent defensive rebounding team, so we'll really need Maliq in this one. It's probably his toughest test yet, but if he doesn't show out or we don't get them in foul trouble it'll be one shot and done most trips.
Maliq will be important help down low with Bacot. UNC isn't shooting great. Sixth man Puff Johnson might not play. This is absolutely a winable game. Biggest problem is if Leaky Black guards Joe, I think Joe will be completely taken out of the game offensively. If that happens, I hope JT gets some run at the 2, and Sy gets some run too -- that would make us better defensively.

It's the same UNC as usual, no? Jump shots and crash the glass for putbacks.

Yeah, I'd imagine a pretty similar game plan for them on O. It has generally been their MO over the last several years in achieving high success against us. Crashing the boards hard and getting put back after put back after put back.

Maliq will be important help down low with Bacot. UNC isn't shooting great. Sixth man Puff Johnson might not play. This is absolutely a winable game. Biggest problem is if Leaky Black guards Joe, I think Joe will be completely taken out of the game offensively. If that happens, I hope JT gets some run at the 2, and Sy gets some run too -- that would make us better defensively.
Yeah, I hope Justin is picking up some of this crafty JGIII back down bully ball that he's been running the last few games.

It depends on what you get from Jesse. If he battles down low for boards, SU could stay within or outright beat the spread.
I agree - Jesse is in the spotlight tonight - he has to play smart and tough and win that battle or we have no shot.

Joe is 5’11. Black is 6’7. If Joe is going to get any good looks it will just as much depend on the others setting good screens. He’s not going to just be able to shoot over him. Neither will JT unless UNC changes their defensive focus. Gonna have to be a lot of movement.

It's the same UNC as usual, no? Jump shots and crash the glass for putbacks.
That's the way it seems. Jack up 3s and other outside shots. I don’t think they care if it goes in, they just grab boards and score inside with their big men. If the 3 or other jump shot goes in, it's gravy for them. They've used this strategy against us for a long time.

I expect this to be a high scoring game. Would expect JB to bring Jessie high to run high screen n rolls. Don’t think he’s going to give Jessie too many post up opportunities.

I think we can get away with Hima getting extended minutes and putting more shooters on the floor.

UNC does not pressure the ball well and I expect our guards to get open looks.

Really need to hit the defensive glass.

And I actually think we are the deeper team and will slap a press on them around the 12 minute mark with Hims to see what happens.

Hate that it’s a 9pm start….students will show out though.
Good analysis.

Rare time I like a 9 pm start (kid bball practice from 7-8).

Odds In line with the KP efficiency ratings which Vegas seems to replicate in their lines ... KP probably has this closer to 2.5 based on their main page.

But as I noted against Miami, while KP does consider more recent games a tad more it is still largely based on play over the entire course of the year.

So that KP rating still considers some of the early season duds by Syracuse which weighs us down. I like where we are trending.

Take Syracuse +3 or +4.

My Ontario book has it at +4.5 and money line +150 for Syracuse.
I went half and half on both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom