Cuse opens -4 vs Iowa | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens -4 vs Iowa

KenPom has it at -3.

Here’s the thing - KenPom has UVA #3, OKState #22 and Penn State #24.

While Iowa beat Texas Tech, they lost to DePaul by 15 and San Diego State by 10. Those teams are ranked #53 and #37.

I understand that this is a home game for SU but not sure why PSU was favored by 2.5 on a neutral court and an Iowa team that most people expect to be better than PSU is a dog, especially after PSU dominated SU. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I understand that this is a home game for SU but not sure why PSU was favored by 2.5 on a neutral court and an Iowa team that most people expect to be better than PSU is a dog, especially after PSU dominated SU. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Ken Pom has us +3.7 at home in general, which means on a neutral Iowa would be -1 vs us; Penn State was -2.5. Also, KP has Penn State 20 spots higher than Iowa

They call these spreads the Vegas zone.
When it looks to good then go the other way.
Don’t touch this game with an iron stick unless you are a degeneratti.

The only value is Iowa ML and I am not betting that. Syracuse is way too inconsistent to lay 4 points.

They call these spreads the Vegas zone.
When it looks to good then go the other way.
Don’t touch this game with an iron stick unless you are a degeneratti.

The only value is Iowa ML and I am not betting that. Syracuse is way too inconsistent to lay 4 points.

Too inconsistent? Well, I think we've been very consistent, we have played 3 P5 teams to date, and we have been smoked by double digits in all of them...pretty consistent if you ask me. ;):(

Too inconsistent? Well, I think we've been very consistent, we have played 3 P5 teams to date, and we have been smoked by double digits in all of them...pretty consistent if you ask me. ;):(
Trying to be optimistic. I can’t lay 4 with this roster. We could win by 1 Possession but I am not laying 4.

So little faith. Cowards.

1575396565817.png

So little faith. Cowards.

View attachment 173687
Lol we got the donor for the new Dome.
In the gambling thread if I listened to orangenauburn and did that bet with UC Riverside over Nebraska that is me.
Nebraska was -15.5 and UCR was +1100 but I just took the points instead of the ML.
It kills me someone had it and I didn’t pull the trigger.

How many rebounds does Luka Garza get tonight? He is 6'11" and 260 pounds. I'm putting the over/under at 12.5.

How many rebounds does Luka Garza get tonight? He is 6'11" and 260 pounds. I'm putting the over/under at 12.5.

I take the over, however both defenses may be so poor that no one ever misses

Iowa honestly is a good matchup for us athletically. Garza will be trouble but they won’t out athlete us like Penn State and OK State

So by your analysis, SU will go winless in the ACC?

Iowa honestly is a good matchup for us athletically. Garza will be trouble but they won’t out athlete us like Penn State and OK State
Iowa rarely out athletes people similar to Wisconsin. They win with great ball movement, hard defense, and three point shooting.

Iowa rarely out athletes people similar to Wisconsin. They win with great ball movement, hard defense, and three point shooting.
Iowa plays a really fast tempo. They try to run, run. I have enjoyed watching them play the last few years.
Defense is optional in most of their games.

Iowa plays a really fast tempo. They try to run, run. I have enjoyed watching them play the last few years.
Defense is optional in most of their games.
I should have said timely defense... hard working players. Obviously not uva out there.

Su had a moment in both games in NYC where if they made the next shot it would have put them a head or within 1 possession or so both 2nd halfs. they missed the next several shots and the games flipped quickly out of hand.

its one thing vs virg where we struggled to get good looks but we had a ton in these 3 games and dug holes, Like Bucknell game they have to go in sometime

So by your analysis, SU will go winless in the ACC?

Analysis? Apparently the emoticons after my post wasn't elementary/simple enough for you to decipher a post in jest...sorry, I can't help you there... :confused::rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom