Cuse opens as 7 point favorites vs Colgate | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens as 7 point favorites vs Colgate

Our MTM should be much better than last yeaŕs zone and I think our guys come out with a purpose. Should be a fun game as our freshman continue to evolve.
But our offense isn’t as good. Colgate is averaging 88 points a game. Our defense has to be really good if SU is going to win. Colgate has two big bodies to bang with Jessie. One of our forwards will have to step up if we are going to have a chance tonight.

But our offense isn’t as good. Colgate is averaging 88 points a game. Our defense has to be really good if SU is going to win. Colgate has two big bodies to bang with Jessie. One of our forwards will have to step up if we are going to have a chance tonight.

Colgate has played a bad Brown team( team that lost 90-65 to Penn State), a D3 team and lost to maybe Buffalo's worst team in a decade ( just recently got demolished by James Madison).

It's hard to figure just how good they are. Their guard play should be a step down this year even with a good looking frosh.

They don't shoot it nearly as well either but have been playing at a pretty good pace.

Actually I think our offense is good. Judah will get increasingly better and each of the other frosh will figure out their roles. Joe and Jesse will be consistent and Symir will continue to surprise.

Colgate should be a team we can play a three guard offense against. And I don't think our team will be reliant on the 3 point shot, so as long as our guys are moving without the ball, we should get a lot of higher percentage shots thanks to Judah and Symir.

Our defense needs to passable, not “really good.”

Colgate has played a bad Brown team( team that lost 90-65 to Penn State), a D3 team and lost to maybe Buffalo's worst team in a decade ( just recently got demolished by James Madison).

It's hard to figure just how good they are. Their guard play should be a step down this year even with a good looking frosh.

They don't shoot it nearly as well either but have been playing at a pretty good pace.
I agree - I don't think they are as good and I think we are better. I think we cover.

yeah them losing to Buffalo and giving up a sh__ ton of points makes me wonder how good they are

I believe that last year was a perfect storm of our worst team in the last 50 years being a slow and poor perimeter defensive team matching up very poorly with one of their best teams that had very strong and veteran perimeter scoring.

I refuse to believe that can happen again any time soon.

Colgate should play a triangle and two on Joe and Judah. The top man in the triangle would always help on penetration. Their two bigs can bang with Jesse. I would let our forwards shoot all day. SU wouldn’t score 60 points.

Last year Colgate killed the awful Cuse 2-3 zone. Despite the lack of athleticism with last years team I thought they should have got out of the zone and went man to man. That shouldn't be a problem tonight...Cuse should be far more athletic than Colgate, which in turn limit the number of wide open shots they got last year.

i want to see player rotation tonite and man d. (been asking for 20+) years. make it so !

adonal foyle 65 / tin foil hats if we lose again 77

“if we are going to have a chance at winning tonight” you make it sound like we’re playing UNC.

it felt like 80 of those 100 points were in the second half
The Raiders fell behind 16-2 to start the game after missing 11 3-pointers and were behind 22-5 with 13 minutes left in the half when they started hitting from distance, making 10 of their last 14 from the 3-point line.

The Raiders fell behind 16-2 to start the game after missing 11 3-pointers and were behind 22-5 with 13 minutes left in the half when they started hitting from distance, making 10 of their last 14 from the 3-point line.
our team truly sucked last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom