CUSE/Pitt | Syracusefan.com

CUSE/Pitt

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
No more sky is falling, no more OL can’t block, no more TD can’t play, no more our skill players are FCS, no more our 100 year outlook is hazy please shake magic 8-ball again...

We’ve got CUSE vs. Pitt in t-minus 4 hours and 46 minutes. I’m excited about that with everything that’s happened the past 6 months.

I’m excited that we have a chance to get better today.

I’m excited that I get to watch Syracuse today.

I’m excited to get to watch a defense again that impressed me last week.

I’m excited to see if the youngsters take another leap.

I’m excited at a chance to win.

I’m excited at a chance to whoop up on my buddy on the golf course this morning before kickoff.

GD’it - I’m just excited!

Let’s have a day...

My weekly game day feelings . As a life long steeler fan I dreamed of this day and where am I ? Home damn governors it’s ridiculous !
Anyway how’s this for a moral quandary...
It’s my nieces christening today church today party tomorrow. Tommy is the god father . Tommy of course can’t be there . MY nephew in June asked me st stand in for an August date I said of course. Then he called me to say it’s moved to September 19th I told him god forbid my wife died I’d miss her funeral to watch Tommy play . I have a hard time saying no but I said sorry but no I can’t .then came the coldness from him and we are close , then a month ago came a second request citing there would be no fans I replied but idk what time the game is and I said I’ll have to hope for 330 game as it’s a 2pm christening . I’ll tape it I said . Well of course it’s a 12pm game I’m having 20 people here and I have to leave at 130 be at church at 145 for 2pm no other family is allowed in the church it’s only us . I have a friend driving so I can stream it . I have a tension headache already . My wife is rubbing it in that I have to leave and she doesn’t . Part of my missed time will be halftime . I’m gonna have to tell the father ...FITNF! Father is the new fast .
Pray for me !!!

My weekly game day feelings . As a life long steeler fan I dreamed of this day and where am I ? Home damn governors it’s ridiculous !
It’s my nieces christening today church today party tomorrow. Tommy is the god father . Tommy of course can’t be there . MY nephew in June asked me st stand in for an August date I said of course. Then he called me to say it’s moved to September 19th I told him god forbid my wife died I’d miss her funeral to watch Tommy play . I have a hard time saying no but I said sorry but no I can’t .then came the coldness from him and we are close , then a month ago came a second request citing there would be no fans I replied but idk what time the game is and I said I’ll have to hope for 330 game as it’s a 2pm christening . I’ll tape it I said . Well of course it’s a 12pm game I’m having 20 people here and I have to leave at 130 be at church at 145 for 2pm no other family is allowed in the church it’s only us . I have a friend driving so I can stream it . I have a tension headache already . My wife is rubbing it in that I have to leave and she doesn’t . Part of my missed time will be halftime . I’m gonna have to tell the father ...FITNF! Father is the new fast .
Pray for me !!!
That’s sacrifice. I skipped my only cousins sons christening just to watch the Pitt game two years ago. You are a better man than me.

We'll watch the game like we have every other game in the Dino era (and for me back to Greg).
It's College Football season it's what we do.
Trying to tamper down my hopes but maybe just maybe we get it all together and the bounces go our way.

Pray for me !!!

You know, I think it’s a shame that they aren’t letting parents into these games.

I’ll be in news blackout because I have a golf tournament from 10 to 2.

I better not get updates from any of you while on golf course.

Pray for me !!!

All the men in my wedding had to “watch” SU-Penn State (Allen v Hackenburg game) crowded around someone’s phone refreshing ESPN gamecast and then they missed OAR at the state fair that evening. I still get sh|t for it to this day.

Congrats

My father came late to my high school graduation because a regular season Yankee game was on. My last name started with P so he knew he had plenty of time to watch more of the game and not miss me walk. Seemed to make perfect sense to me and probably explains my rabid dedication to my sports teams. LGO!

I have 5 year old twins. They have a tee ball game at 3 PM today. I'll have to leave no later than 2:45. We'll be in the dead middle, or late in the 3rd quarter by then.

My quandary is, do I stop watching at halftime and catch the rest later, or squeeze every play in until we have to walk out the door, feeling torn away from the game? I think I am opting for the former.

This is not going to be a good year, run the wrong kind of offense for a pocket passer with a great arm. RPO is for a dual threat QB, Tommy would be great at Ohio St, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama etc.

I have 5 year old twins. They have a tee ball game at 3 PM today. I'll have to leave no later than 2:45. We'll be in the dead middle, or late in the 3rd quarter by then.

My quandary is, do I stop watching at halftime and catch the rest later, or squeeze every play in until we have to walk out the door, feeling torn away from the game? I think I am opting for the former.
Pay another parent to record the T-Ball game for you.

Did somebody from Syracuse do something to Herbstreit?
My god all he does is take shots at our guys.

Seriously Herbie go effgg yourself.
God he mocked Desmond for making us his super dog.
He can’t contain himself.

The thing is that it is just not much fun watching bad football. Lord knows we can take the losing (as hope springs eternal), but when everything looks so ill prepared, sloppy and poorly coached it is impossible to ignore the evidence - Dungey was the difference. Really no reason to be this bad at this point.

Whelp the good news is I shot a 76 and won by 4 strokes this morning.

That and our defense can be really good. Young talent everywhere.
We’re a couple of players on offense away from having a good team.
(I’m choosing to be optimistic.)

I actually agree... a couple plugs on the OL and a QB is what is currently holding us back from being a MUCH better team.
Exactly. I know it’s much easier said than done, but despite looking like hot garbage, I think we’re reasonably close. We just need a couple of pieces to get things working, which is the frustrating part. ~1 more good player a class is the difference between beating UNC and Pitt and losing.

And the optimist in me has to think that a new Dome could be that recruiting difference-maker. Furthermore, the uniqueness of our facilities let us ride the last Dome bump for ~20 years.

This team/staff just can’t give up. We’re done once they throw in the towel, but the program has a shot at ending perpetual rebuilding mode as long as they keep trying this season and next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom