Cuse @ Virginia repeat? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse @ Virginia repeat?

I don’t think we have the shooting to beat them that way. If we win, I think it would have to be more like the game where freshman Tyus Battle kept going ISO in the second half and they couldn’t handle him and we came back and won….which these highlights show absolutely none of even though it was the story of the game, lol.

Assume Clark will guard Joe? He’s not big or physical which is usually what Joe struggles with, but he’s very quick.

Need a big game from Jesse. 16/10 type numbers at least, imo.
This is the level of opponent where we need good games from all 3 of our top scorers, IMO.

Really need Judah and Joe to play well which is often easier said than done against UVA.

Assume Clark will guard Joe? He’s not big or physical which is usually what Joe struggles with, but he’s very quick.

Need a big game from Jesse. 16/10 type numbers at least, imo.
I think they will put Clark on Judah. Judah was bad against pressure against Pitt. Visibly panicked a few times. He needs to keep it together on the road, a tough task for young PGs.

This will be a great test for him. I am worried how things will go but will hope for the best.

I think they will put Clark on Judah. Judah was bad against pressure against Pitt. Visibly panicked a few times. He needs to keep it together on the road, a tough task for young PGs.

This will be a great test for him. I am worried how things will go but will hope for the best.
Was it St Johns when we just started throwing the ball out of bounds? Hopefully that doesn’t happen but I could see something similar late.

Was it St Johns when we just started throwing the ball out of bounds? Hopefully that doesn’t happen but I could see something similar late.
Sounds right. They played us physical and Joe and Judah could not get open. Probably should have fought harder through the holds to force the ref to call fouls.

Sounds right. They played us physical and Joe and Judah could not get open. Probably should have fought harder through the holds to force the ref to call fouls.
I guess it could’ve backfired, but felt like that was the type of helter skelter game where maybe Copeland could’ve helped. He seems most comfortable in that type of game at this point.

Not sure that would be the case against Virginia - they’re usually much more disciplined and all about helpside defense and packing the paint moreso than running around fast and fouling a lot like the Johnnies.

Elijah and JG3 with 5 threes each, and can’t forget about Buddy’s heave!!!
Yea it’s not like we haven’t won down there before.

Born and raised in Syracuse. Live in Charlottesville. Would not call myself a UVA sports fan, but I really appreciate UVA sports and have season tickets to a variety of the teams as it is just fun, the stadiums are nice and it is a part of living in this small town (which is really very special).

I am really concerned about this game. UVA moves the ball really well this year. Obviously they are well coached. Many multi year players. They have a variety of great 3 point shooters. Plus their big men (who are good sized) can turn and shoot from the foul line.

I think this is a real bad match up for SU today. Hope I am wrong.

I will wear my SU winter hat. If anyone is at the game, say hello and introduce yourself.

I don’t think we have the shooting to beat them that way. If we win, I think it would have to be more like the game where freshman Tyus Battle kept going ISO in the second half and they couldn’t handle him and we came back and won….which these highlights show absolutely none of even though it was the story of the game, lol.

Kyle guy was a PoS

Copeland’s gonna have to play tonight

Born and raised in Syracuse. Live in Charlottesville. Would not call myself a UVA sports fan, but I really appreciate UVA sports and have season tickets to a variety of the teams as it is just fun, the stadiums are nice and it is a part of living in this small town (which is really very special).

I am really concerned about this game. UVA moves the ball really well this year. Obviously they are well coached. Many multi year players. They have a variety of great 3 point shooters. Plus their big men (who are good sized) can turn and shoot from the foul line.

I think this is a real bad match up for SU today. Hope I am wrong.

I will wear my SU winter hat. If anyone is at the game, say hello and introduce yourself.
Enjoy the game ManleyRocks

Unfortunately, I think you are right - this is a very bad matchup for SU.

Bennett knows how to attack JBs 2-3 zone.
Clark will be jacking 3s from the top of the key
and looking for lob pass opportunities behind
the zone.

If Mintz can "keep his head" and CUSE gets something from Benny and Bell,
the Orange will win.

Copeland’s gonna have to play tonight
Why? What has he done? We need great games by our best players to win, hoping a guy has his best game without a shred of evidence he can play at this level yet isn’t going to win this team games. I’d rather run Joe and Judah out for 40 than Copeland play a minute, he’s literally done nothing.

I guess it could’ve backfired, but felt like that was the type of helter skelter game where maybe Copeland could’ve helped. He seems most comfortable in that type of game at this point.

Not sure that would be the case against Virginia - they’re usually much more disciplined and all about helpside defense and packing the paint moreso than running around fast and fouling a lot like the Johnnies.
LOL -thus far, I'd say Helter Skelter definitely IS Copeland's game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom