Cuse vs Duke - Game Day? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse vs Duke - Game Day?

CuseBBall

Walk On
I was looking at the other games on 2/23 that could be Game Day games and it really only looks like 3 possible games that week.
I have put the ESPN way too early rankings in parentheses for context
1st... Cuse (16) vs Duke (3) the time for that game is listed as ESPN/2, 6 p.m./8 p.m.
2nd... Kansas (2) vs Texas Tech (NR) game time listed as ESPN/2, 6 p.m./8 p.m.
3rd... Kentucky (1) vs Auburn (11) this game does not have a channel or time associated with it, but none of the SEC games do that I could find. Maybe this game will be on CBS?

I would think there is a very good chance of Game Day coming to the Dome that night. Plus it is the final night of ESPNs rivalry week so they could hype game day during the the Lvile v Cuse and Duke v UNC double header on the Wednesday before.

Common sense would indicate it should be our game given the coaching records, the game crowd that will no doubt be on hand later that day and two highly ranked teams at that time (hopefully). However, since when does "common sense" matter to some of these schedulers. Pearl seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. Also, John-Boy and Kentucky are always the "darlings". It would be nice, but don't bet the farm on it being here. In any event, the game means more to me than the "game day" broadcast.

Common sense would indicate it should be our game given the coaching records, the game crowd that will no doubt be on hand later that day and two highly ranked teams at that time (hopefully). However, since when does "common sense" matter to some of these schedulers. Pearl seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. Also, John-Boy and Kentucky are always the "darlings". It would be nice, but don't bet the farm on it being here. In any event, the game means more to me than the "game day" broadcast.

Pearl always get a lot of attention. From the NCAA, the FBI...

No one cares about auburn bball. Cuse duke gets eyeballs.
That's right...but almost as important is that this is an easy game to promote.

It's a battle between the two longest-tenured D-1 coaches who are good friends.
It's Duke's freshmen stars against Syracuse's veteran backcourt.
And it's two well-known top programs who have played several classics in the short time they've been in the same conference.

Of course, all that depends on how the teams are doing come game day.

And hopefully it will be promoted as a revenge game for Duke after we wax them in Cameron on 1/14.

The combined rankings of Kentucky and Auburn may be better at that date, but the spectacle (which is important to ESPN) will not even be close to Duke and Syracuse (assuming Syracuse is a top 15 team).

Duke-Cuse will be the game.

su should also make that one senior day. it's the last saturday home game of the year & will be the biggest crowd of the year. 3 of the last 4 on the road, only home game after duke is uva on a monday night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom