cutting the cord, issues | Syracusefan.com

cutting the cord, issues

upperdeck

Living Legend
So netflix is already testing to limit the sharing of accounts..

netfllix password limit

How far behind will the others be.. I know that Disney/ESPN has been tracking it for along time.

It would be hard to believe all the others are not doing the same.. ESPN has started enforcing it logging you out after so many out of the house uses.

Hulu is cracking down when it sees a number out of out of area logins as well but they only care if its a set number of days away from home right now.

Youtube and others probably just havent mentioned it out load.

clearly against almost all the rights of usage language.

Netflix will send a 5 or 6 digit verification code to the registered user when someone tries to sign in.

Call your buddy in advance and give him the heads up so he can get you the code to input.

Netflix will send a 5 or 6 digit verification code to the registered user when someone tries to sign in.

Call your buddy in advance and give him the heads up so he can get you the code to input.
actually thats just the first step.. Right now it only happens on occasion.. the plan is to go to every time you login. the final goal is remove all access outside the billing zip code on non mobil devices.

I guess you better make friends with more people in your zip code. :D

I guess you better make friends with more people in your zip code. :D
of course they can also take it down to the IP if they wanted too. they could make it much harder to rip them off if they feel the need.. Who knows the numbers but I would bet its 25% or more of revenue being stolen. They might be better off having another friend tier for a bit more and I bet many would do that to avoid the penalties.. but then that could also cost them money if everyone went that route. depends on the ratio of people not sharing at all.

of course it really comes to head next yr when the deal with Directv ends.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get through the season without YES Network (I have Hulu Live TV), but I am struggling. I am considering pulling the trigger on AT&T TV, but I really do not want to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom