Daivon Ellison transferring to Duquesne | Syracusefan.com

Daivon Ellison transferring to Duquesne

I know there was the one game he was suspended but he should've played more this year. He was very good last season. One of our better tacklers. Our secondary stunk down the stretch and he's a better player than a few of the guys we were rolling out there. He will do well at his next school.

I know there was the one game he was suspended but he should've played more this year. He was very good last season. One of our better tacklers. Our secondary stunk down the stretch and he's a better player than a few of the guys we were rolling out there. He will do well at his next school.
Him having to play was one of the main reasons the secondary stunk down the stretch. No speed or size. Shafer and Co brought him in to be the Shamarko-like wrecking ball, which he showed flashes of, but that wasn't going to cut it in the current scheme.

Good luck.
I am sure this kid was part of the jekelish the whole team will leave if Shafer is fired crew.

It's interesting even he admits one of his shortcomings. Maybe Babers sees it the same way and it's limited his ability to get on the field.

I liked him - hope he has a great remainder of his career wherever he ends up.

Western Michigan?

Good player. Struggled in this system. Dude could hit and get into the box, but struggled against the pass. His willingness and ability to play run support put him out of position on play-action and RPO. Could see him going to MTSU. Could see multiple people going to MTSU to be honest.

Got himself suspended and you thought he should’ve played more?

Another kid thanking coach Shafer. Interesting but I don’t think surprising

They should take the high road and thank Dino too. He let them stay two years on a P5 program.

Oh well, this kind of turnover is never easy. Marrone ripped off the band aid earlier, which is why he was able to see the kind of success he did as early as year 4.

Dino may have to wait until year 5. We don’t really have anything else to do but sit and wait.

I harbor no ill-will toward this kid. He played his heart out, and just isn't a fit for the new defensive system.

Nothing wrong AT ALL with a kid wanting to find his way back to a starting role at another school to end his career. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
Casualty of the coaching change. No fault of his. Best of luck and much success to him wherever he lands.

Man can that guy hit!

Tiger tough!

Good luck Daivon!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors