DaJuan Coleman (and Patterson too) | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan Coleman (and Patterson too)

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
Maybe we can point to the opponent, but DC2 has had other chances to step up and hasn't usually been as impressive as he was tonight. 5-6 FGA, 3-4FTA(this really made me smile), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and even good hustle at times. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think this is could be a major step in his progression.

While I'm at it, how about some of those passes from Ron Patterson to him? For a freshman with very limited playing time, they looked like things of beauty.

Much to be impressed with about tonight's game and this team's overall progression, and if the pieces continue to seemingly seamlessly slip into place and consistency is maintained, I'd have no trouble seeing this team as being a worthy #1. Also glad to see JB testing the bench again.

Patterson will be a great player for us in a few years. As I've said, I was most impressed with him out of everyone after the Canada games. Should have had tons of assists but our bigs weren't catching the ball. He's a great passer with a great motor.

Didn't see the game tonight but I don't need to. Dejaun needs to play more. It's just a fact. Double double. Don't care who the opponent is. How'd Roberson look?

Coleman was certainly better than Christmas. I think he will continue to improve throughout the season.

Patterson will be a great player for us in a few years. As I've said, I was most impressed with him out of everyone after the Canada games. Should have had tons of assists but our bigs weren't catching the ball. He's a great passer with a great motor.

Didn't see the game tonight but I don't need to. Dejaun needs to play more. It's just a fact. Double double. Don't care who the opponent is. How'd Roberson look?
Beast was ehhh, wasn't bad but wasn't good. Went 4-4 from the line, missed a 3, had a nasty dunk. Crashed the glass had 5, but he did foul out only in 14 minutes.
6points

I loved what Coleman did tonight but I can't get too excited about it. Coleman played well because Binghamton was a flashback to DC's high school days. They had no inside presence and offered him little resistance, so his high school style of play worked tonight. He gave effort and did well but I didn't see anything that showed any progress. He still does not have any post moves whatsoever. He was just able to get on the glass against a small team.

we we're best when dino played them all. Patterson and roberson played better than he wanted them to. he was hoping inactivity would make them super nervous. cooney is getting close to a lottery pick. dash remember where u saw that first. he's quicker than wiggins

we we're best when dino played them all. Patterson and roberson played better than he wanted them to. he was hoping inactivity would make them super nervous. cooney is getting close to a lottery pick. dash remember where u saw that first. he's quicker than wiggins
:crazy:

Are there guys in white lab coats outside of igor's house?

Yeah, any coach who doesn't use an 11 man rotation is an IDIOT!

Oh yea, Boeheim was visibly upset with how well they played - you could see it when they came off the court. I was kind of wondering why he gave them as many minutes as he did when they were obviously making him look bad.

If college campuses just showed this post as why you shouldn't drink or do drugs, Sobriety would be the new in.

Patterson and roberson played better than he wanted them to. he was hoping inactivity would make them super nervous
Jeremiah%20Johnson%20nod.gif

Continuing on your style of thinking:

The Earth is flat. Neptune is so much better and should be getting more news articles. Bobby Lazor is getting Boeheimed by the Lakers even though he's not in the NBA. He's better than Gasol.

If college campuses just showed this post as why you shouldn't drink or do drugs, Sobriety would be the new in.

The government and media use crap like that all the time already, and to an extent it still works. Any of us enjoying this technology now should be grateful Steve Jobs(and many others) used prohibited substances to expand their realities and ours.

I think igor just had too much of the most common drugs, sugar and caffeine. I won't make fun of the guy here to get some likes, because he might be Andy Kaufmaning(RIP?) some of us.

Back to Coleman, whether some here disagree, I think confidence and just "doing it" at this level is an issue with the guy, and even a game like this should be a boost to such. There is little, if anything, to replace experience and Im glad he put a game like this under his belt. To those familiar with video games, sometimes you need to get comfortable kicking butt on the easy levels before nearing proficiency even on the mildly difficult levels. I could be wrong, but i think PT and becoming desensitized to "approach anxiety" is what the doctor has ordered for the big fella. (I made a PUA analogy because I didn't think an Aleister Crowley one would go over so well...other than maybe with Iommi ;) )

Last edited:
we went through this garbage last year with cooney. the trolls on this board implying he wasn't dee one material. think before u push send

igor said:

Happy to see you have made a full recovery.

Happy to see you have made a full recovery.
good one mook, but there's some truth there. when the last time everybody hustled at su. whens the last time guys going to the bench were sweating. now we r still fundamentally unsound and he'll go back to his designated star system and leave the tournament be4 we're supposed to, but...

good one mook, but there's some truth there. when the last time everybody hustled at su. whens the last time guys going to the bench were sweating. now we r still fundamentally unsound and he'll go back to his designated star system and leave the tournament be4 we're supposed to, but...
crazy-guy-tinfoil-hat.jpg

Behold. This is how it's done.

I have so many questions for you igor, but you never answer. Just in case here are a couple:

1. Why does JB continue to recruit players that he doesn't want to succeed? Wouldn't it be so much smarter for him to get his designated A players and then just fill out the roster with scrubs?

2. Corollary to #1, is that what he is trying to do but he keeps screwing up and getting all-time greats, like in The Natural?

3. How does he determine who the stars are and who the people get benched are? One of the most common complaints about Boeheim is that he'll do anything to win even unimportant games. So why couldn't Patterson, say, be the designated star and CJ get benched? What's logic is he using?

4. Any objective person would say that everyone has strengths and weaknesses. What do You think coach's strengths are?

5. Finally, Coach Boeheim has won the second most games of anyone in Division I, how did this happen? Objectively, how could it be possible if he is as terrible as you say?

I have so many questions for you igor, but you never answer. Just in case here are a couple:

1. Why does JB continue to recruit players that he doesn't want to succeed? Wouldn't it be so much smarter for him to get his designated A players and then just fill out the roster with scrubs?

2. Corollary to #1, is that what he is trying to do but he keeps screwing up and getting all-time greats, like in The Natural?

3. How does he determine who the stars are and who the people get benched are? One of the most common complaints about Boeheim is that he'll do anything to win even unimportant games. So why couldn't Patterson, say, be the designated star and CJ get benched? What's logic is he using?

4. Any objective person would say that everyone has strengths and weaknesses. What do You think coach's strengths are?

5. Finally, Coach Boeheim has won the second most games of anyone in Division I, how did this happen? Objectively, how could it be possible if he is as terrible as you say?
That's cause you have too many questions in your post and his brain, what's left of it, would explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom