Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

Dakari signed his $5 million future "shoe contract" with WWW yesterday. He'll sign with UK tomorrow. The shoe company is happy. CAA is happy (the agency that reps Calipari). WWW is happy (can you imagine the fee this guy must earn from CAA or maybe he's on a huge retainer). And the NCAA sees nothing wrong with this arrangement. In fact they choose to see nothing at all. But don't send a recruit a text message at the wrong time or buy him a hamburger, cause they have a major problem with that. Maybe JB and all other big name coaches will have to sign up with huge agent firms too so those agencies can have their own "consultant" (like WWW) who goes out and procures big time recruits with promises of future endorsement contracts to help their coach client obtain talent to win championships. What a racket.

Dakari signed his $5 million future "shoe contract" with WWW yesterday. He'll sign with UK tomorrow. The shoe company is happy. CAA is happy (the agency that reps Calipari). WWW is happy (can you imagine the fee this guy must earn from CAA or maybe he's on a huge retainer). And the NCAA sees nothing wrong with this arrangement. In fact they choose to see nothing at all. But don't send a recruit a text message at the wrong time or buy him a hamburger, cause they have a major problem with that. Maybe JB and all other big name coaches will have to sign up with huge agent firms too so those agencies can have their own "consultant" (like WWW) who goes out and procures big time recruits with promises of future endorsement contracts to help their coach client obtain talent to win championships. What a racket.
WWW doesn't make shoes, why would they sign him to a shoe deal? If anyone has anything serious, I guarantee Pete Thamel will write the story.

Think if he stays in 14 its a diff story. But oh well. Close thread he's dead to us.
With WWW in the mix, I doubt it would've made much difference. Goodluck, Ben Bentil, and 7-footer Paschal Chukwu will all get serious looks for the 2014 big man position.

WWW doesn't make shoes, why would they sign him to a shoe deal? If anyone has anything serious, I guarantee Pete Thamel will write the story.
WWW steers athletes to endorsement deals, he's connected to everyone.

what the ncaa or a good journalist really need to investigate is the "academics" of these kentucky one-and-done guys. that's the real farce.

Like Ebo said, "at the end of the day it’s a bu$ine$$ and I have to do what I have to do...”

If you think jimmy b doesnt have contact with www your naive...cal is on another level but in this recruiting "game' nowadays we benefit a lottt compared to other schools excluding uk and a few others

I have been posting reports on Dakari since he was in 8th grade. From the very start Syracuse has always been his "dream school." (Sound familiar?)

There were rumors circulating here that Johnson was a silent verbal to Syracuse and he was going to wait until April, after a scholarship opened up at SU.

In a surprise move he decided to become a part of the class of 2013. At the time we had already committed all of our available scholarships. Is that what really screwed us?

When DJ's game was going on tonight the announce team said that JT3 was there with the entire coaching staff recruiting him. They said coach Cal was in attendance and that Syracuse had sent Mike Hopkin's to represent it.

At that point I turned off the telecast.

Later I watched our two local news channels and neither station reported that Dakari had committed to UK.

I have been posting reports on Dakari since he was in 8th grade. From the very start Syracuse has always been his "dream school." (Sound familiar?)

There were rumors circulating here that Johnson was a silent verbal to Syracuse and he was going to wait until April, after a scholarship opened up at SU.

In a surprise move he decided to become a part of the class of 2013. At the time we had already committed all of our available scholarships. Is that what really screwed us?

When DJ's game was going on tonight the announce team said that JT3 was there with the entire coaching staff recruiting him. They said coach Cal was in attendance and that Syracuse had sent Mike Hopkin's to represent it.

At that point I turned off the telecast.

Later I watched our two local news channels and neither station reported that Dakari had committed to UK.

bingo!

It's getting frustrating. Losing out on Anthony Davis, Noel and now Dakari in the past two years. All great talents with us in the final mix. Whenever Cal is involved I never feel we even have a chance, and I'm sure all the other schools fanbases feel the same way. It's to the point where if UK is involved with a kid you're better off saving the airfare,time and effort and start looking elsewhere. There was very little optimism on the board this time and for good reason. If we ever beat them out for a kid it will certainly be a shock, unless of course he's from JD. And Wiggins wondered why other schools weren't recruiting him. lol. They are a machine right now.

Part of the thing with Cal and UK is he can offer immediate starter minute and impact to virtually every kid because almost every contributor leaves each year. We can't compete with that because we have a program not a factory. Why would he come here for 15 min per game. We are going to be fine with DC2, Rak, Baye, and Chino. We didn't have room for him. Had he stayed in 2014 I think we would have got him. SU may have been his dream school but it made way more sense for him to go to UK. We are still going to have a very good team next year again and it will help our young and inexperienced back court to have a talented and experienced front court. I am really not disappointed that he didn't choose SU cus it just didn't seem to work logistically for him and the others. I think we would have ended up with some really unhappy campers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom