Damien Rhodes | Syracusefan.com

Damien Rhodes

I mean the man is right.
Our coaches are more of the problem than the kids.
We don’t make adjustments and people make excuses with injuries.

We put absolutely no fear or stress on the defense.
It’s like our coaches don’t get the other team actually has tape on the scheme.
Good for Rhodes.

Also didn’t realize how successful a career he had at Cuse. 24 rushing touchdowns and missed 2/3 of his soph year, averaged 4.5 per over his career. Guy obviously knows football, like many former d1 guys.

He’s not alone in alumni, I assure you

Can they pass the collection plate for Dino's buyout?

1606013670099.png

Also didn’t realize how successful a career he had at Cuse. 24 rushing touchdowns and missed 2/3 of his soph year, averaged 4.5 per over his career. Guy obviously knows football, like many former d1 guys.
Rhodes is a good dude he lived in the same Small rd apartment strip as I did in 2005 a couple of apartments down. He roomed with Perry Patterson.

I remember my roommate and I along with buddies were slinging the ball around and grilling in the back of the apartment one Sunday when the Eagles were playing the Chiefs(I actually the remember the game) Rhodes was coming back from practice.
He destroyed GRob and my buddies and I laughed. He was a cool guy.

It did seem like we were doing more motion last night, but we should try to incorporate every play like we used to years ago. And he's not wrong about getting Morgan out of the pocket, they need to find ways to get him comfortable. He did not look comfortable last night

Good local/regional guys who could teach our kids a lot.

not guys that can fund or would fund a buyout.

We've got to aim higher. Freeney and Jones can chip in a few bucks. I'm not sure if McNabb has any money left with his legal troubles.

Somehow the incompetence of SU's administration seems to infect a number of SU coaches, especially on the football side- they get dumber, lazier and less creative as soon as they hit campus...I hope Babers has constructed a little altar to Dungey.

The thing I noticed last night was Morgan not rolling out. The first two games he rolled out and made plays. Give DB and Gilbert two weeks and Morgan becomes a stationary pocket passer. How do you take a strength away from a qb to force him into your perception of how a qb needs to play.

The thing I noticed last night was Morgan not rolling out. The first two games he rolled out and made plays. Give DB and Gilbert two weeks and Morgan becomes a stationary pocket passer. How do you take a strength away from a qb to force him into your perception of how a qb needs to play.
Good coaches will utilize the strengths of their players bad coaches make the players adjust to the system they want to run that is why we are 1 -8

On 3rd down, we predictably go to the spread, which has been a massive failure because, without the extra protection, the line collapses too fast for plays to develop. We start moving the ball a little in 12 personnel, then shift to spread on third downs and get sacked.
Play calling seems to be: 1st down: Run up middle, 2nd down: Run off tackle or deep sideline route. 3rd down: Spread ... leading to sack or failed QB draw.

As much our offense struggled last season, the playbook then seems far bigger than what we have now. (Granted, frosh QB limits some options.) The quicker hitter over the middle to Nykiem showed promise earlier this season, but has been absent lately. Get Benson the ball moving laterally to the line either with a pass or a toss, giving him a chance to use his speed. We haven’t thrown a pop pass in the red zone or on third down all season, even though it was one of our most effective plays in recent years. We grumbled about the shovel pass last year, but it worked on short yardage better than what we are doing now.

To be fair, opt outs and injuries have created an enormous challenge for our coaches. But we have enough pieces that we should be better than what we are doing.

The hell would Freeney and Jones want to spend their money to get a coach fired from a school they went to 10-20 years ago for?
For the same reason Why alumni who graduated 10-20 years ago do it. Ppl want to give back to their schools and show pride.

I mean the man is right.
Our coaches are more of the problem than the kids.
We don’t make adjustments and people make excuses with injuries.

We put absolutely no fear or stress on the defense.
It’s like our coaches don’t get the other team actually has tape on the scheme.
Good for Rhodes.
Dino doesn't have a playbook. Its RPO/ Sand lot sophomoric.
His Baylor O is as outdated as an 8 track.
I was so hopeful he would have hired a fresh mind at OC.
Im all for playing fast. Love it.
I dont love a one dimensional offensive scheme that is Red and Rotten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom