Dan Haren to the Nats | Syracusefan.com

Dan Haren to the Nats

jekelish

Living Legend
I realize few here are Nats supporters, but as a big Nats fan I'd just like to say holy crap, what a great signing. An already good Nats rotation now has the potential to be absolutely phenomenal.

1 - Strasburg
2 - Gio
3 - Haren
4 - Jackson (if they resign him)
5 - Zimmermann

And if they don't re-sign Jackson, Zimmermann goes to 4 and Ross Detwiler becomes the fifth starter.

That is an insanely good rotation, potentially.

Zero chance they re-sign Jackson (Blue Jays or Red Sox) but my goodness that is a great rotation. I really like the Span pick up too for that team. It will be interesting to see what happens with LaRoche this offseason. My guess is LaRoche goes to the Rangers or Orioles in a platoon 1st base/DH role. I wouldn't mind the Nats picking up a year or two contract on Youk and playing him at 1st and 3rd (for the often injured Zimmerman).

On a side note Washington has three interesting teams that are very young and well balanced - Nats, Redskins and Caps. Then two pathetic teams with no fan base in the Hoyas and the Bullets Wizards.

Yeah Haren had an off year, but for a one year make good deal, this seems like a very strong contract.

Yeah, if Jordan Zimmermann is your fourth starter...wow. That is one hell of a starting rotation. And they upgraded from a solid starter in Jackson to a former Cy Young finalist as their #3 starter in Haren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom