Dan Patrick reveals serious health issues | Syracusefan.com

Dan Patrick reveals serious health issues

That’s unfortunate news. I’m amazed and inspired by people who keep working thru this stuff, when they probably don’t have to.

Courageous of him to share it, but probably good of him to do it before the Twitter trolls start calling him out for mistakes and leading him to further depression.

He’s easy to root for.

Really puts the role of the Danettes in a different light.

I miss that entire Sportscenter brand from the early-to-mid 90s with the saxophone opening with Patrick, Kilborn, etc. Would watch it religiously every morning before school.

And in the summer time it would run endlessly on a loop in my living room all day. Never seeing the whole thing in one sitting, but in between backyard (tennis ball) baseball games, shooting hoops, and other various hijinks - my friends and I would end up having the whole thing memorized and would be repeating the latest catch phrases.

Those sportcenters of the early and mid '90's were the best. Those guys knew how to be professional while being fun. They didn't take sports too seriously. I miss those days.

It was just straight highlights back in the day. Every single game got 1-2 minutes of highlights in order of importance. Now there's just so much talking. In that 1995 clip, they went right into the Eagles/Cowboys game, then a bunch more NFL games, then a bunch of NBA games. Now Sportscenter starts and it's like 10 minutes of Scott Van Pelt talking about something I don't care about.

It was just straight highlights back in the day. Every single game got 1-2 minutes of highlights in order of importance. Now there's just so much talking. In that 1995 clip, they went right into the Eagles/Cowboys game, then a bunch more NFL games, then a bunch of NBA games. Now Sportscenter starts and it's like 10 minutes of Scott Van Pelt talking about something I don't care about.
And the people doing the talking are not interesting. I liked SVP on the radio. I do not like his personal sportcenter.

I feel like espn gave up on finding good talent a long time ago.

Only 10 minutes? I think you caught him on a less verbose evening

And the people doing the talking are not interesting. I liked SVP on the radio. I do not like his personal sportcenter.

I feel like espn gave up on finding good talent a long time ago.

Agree. I like SVP also but his Sportscenter does nothing for me either. I get that people can get scores and highlights on demand now and why they tried something a bit different, but I find it boring.

Agree. I like SVP also but his Sportscenter does nothing for me either. I get that people can get scores and highlights on demand now and why they tried something a bit different, but I find it boring.

I don't ever watch SC anymore because A) I'm old and go to bed, B) I don't have to. I can get any highlight I want at anytime.

Stay strong, Dan. As was mentioned earlier, he's easy to root for. Reading this thread made me think back to that era of Sportscenter. The Big Show, Craiggers, and who can forget Charley Steiner cracking up on air? If you don't know what I'm talking about with Steiner, look it up. It's guaranteed to make you smile.

Also around this time was when CNN had their nightly sports show as well with Fred Hickman and Nick Charles. Very solid. My favorite though was CNN's "Calling All Sports" with Nick Cellini and Bob Lorenz. They were sort of like the mischievous younger brothers to Nick and Fred.

Stay strong, Dan. As was mentioned earlier, he's easy to root for. Reading this thread made me think back to that era of Sportscenter. The Big Show, Craiggers, and who can forget Charley Steiner cracking up on air? If you don't know what I'm talking about with Steiner, look it up. It's guaranteed to make you smile.

Yes I love that Steiner clip. He just couldn't stop laughing.

Also hilarious when Steiner punches out Otto the Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom