Class of 2019 - Danny Maltz to Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Danny Maltz to Maryland

Casey Vock ‏@cvock 7 minutes ago
Always like watching the "youngest brother" in lacrosse. Big Dan Maltz, little bro of Derek and Dylan, had a strong showing at #3dBlueChip

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Last year I would have said Syracuse was in great shape but after Dylan transferred and Derek lost PT his senior year I would assume were running even or behind Maryland and JHU.

Dan Maltz, Attack, Stone Bridge (Va.)/Black Wolf and SweetLax
There was no attackman more precise, more crisp, as a feeder and off-ball player than Dan Maltz, the younger brother of current Maryland attackman Dylan Maltz and former Syracuse attackman Derek Maltz. The youngest Maltz, like Derek at his age, is still thin, but his understanding of the game is impressive as he was able to quarterback his team effectively throughout the three days and produced a lot of points along the way. He can finish on the crease and inside mid-range like Derek, showing seemingly pre-programmed quick stick but also the ability to crank up and hit the top shelf repeatedly with the same release from the wing. But he is also effective initiating like Dylan with a quick first step, keeping his head up and looking to move the ball with his hard passes. The ball was in and out of his stick in transition, where he was dangerous. The righty just knows where to be off ball, a lot like his oldest brother. He is always looking for a way to make a play, with and without the ball. He was one of the most productive attackmen whenever he was on the field, very unselfish in making the extra pass, and he can do it deceptively and almost machine-like with his consistent mechanics. Dan The Man was a standout at other events we attended this summer, so look for more on him.

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/jake-reed039s-nike-blue-chip-2019-standouts-2015-edition

Dan Maltz, Attack, Stone Bridge (Va.)/Black Wolf and SweetLax
There was no attackman more precise, more crisp, as a feeder and off-ball player than Dan Maltz, the younger brother of current Maryland attackman Dylan Maltz and former Syracuse attackman Derek Maltz. The youngest Maltz, like Derek at his age, is still thin, but his understanding of the game is impressive as he was able to quarterback his team effectively throughout the three days and produced a lot of points along the way. He can finish on the crease and inside mid-range like Derek, showing seemingly pre-programmed quick stick but also the ability to crank up and hit the top shelf repeatedly with the same release from the wing. But he is also effective initiating like Dylan with a quick first step, keeping his head up and looking to move the ball with his hard passes. The ball was in and out of his stick in transition, where he was dangerous. The righty just knows where to be off ball, a lot like his oldest brother. He is always looking for a way to make a play, with and without the ball. He was one of the most productive attackmen whenever he was on the field, very unselfish in making the extra pass, and he can do it deceptively and almost machine-like with his consistent mechanics. Dan The Man was a standout at other events we attended this summer, so look for more on him.

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/jake-reed039s-nike-blue-chip-2019-standouts-2015-edition

Really interested to see how this recruitment plays out, gotta figure despite his brother deciding to transfer, Syracuse will be all over him. Sounds similar to the Powell's in that the third brother is likely to be the best.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Last year I would have said Syracuse was in great shape but after Dylan transferred and Derek lost PT his senior year I would assume were running even or behind Maryland and JHU.

Still think Syracuse is behind UMD and Hopkins in this recruitment? I'd say 2019 is far off, but not in this era of lacrosse recruiting.

Still think Syracuse is behind UMD and Hopkins in this recruitment? I'd say 2019 is far off, but not in this era of lacrosse recruiting.

Honestly its tough to say, assuming Dylan leaving was really only homesickness I would think SU was in decent shape with him especially with his father and Derek being former players here. If Dylan was still on the team this would be a home run but now its cloudy at best.

2019. Flying cars and such.

Do hope to see him in Orange, if my eyes don't go first and I'm not in a nursing home. 2019 seems so far away.

image.jpg

NNNNNNNnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom