Daquan Jones | Syracusefan.com

Daquan Jones

JoeCollege

Senior Whiz Bang Advocate
Penn State DT Daquan Jones, 6'3 291 DT from Johnson City, NY (literally next to Binghamton), has decided to stay at Penn State, per WBNG-TV in Binghamton 11:00 sports cast.

I don't think PSU will see many transfers at all.

Yeah, you might get one or two Ogres to defect to the TriLams, but the whole team, c'mon. Illinois camping out is so pathetic.

Penn State DT Daquan Jones, 6'3 291 DT from Johnson City, NY (literally next to Binghamton), has decided to stay at Penn State, per WBNG-TV in Binghamton 11:00 sports cast.

The pressure being put on the kids to stay at Penn State must be immense.

The pressure being put on the kids to stay at Penn State must be immense.
The upperclassmen, who are unlikely to leave and only have to endure a year or two of sanctions, need the Fr. & Sophs. (who have the most to lose by staying) to be there for them in supporting roles. Whether they like it or not, the older players are married to PSU and its reputation, and I think it's selfish of them to expect the younger guys to stay if it's not in their best interest.

The impact of the sanctions don't be the transfers, it'll be the recruits they don't get.
Also, some backups, such as Dukes. That's where their immediate effect will happen according to different talk shows I've happened on. Depth could be a major problem.

The upperclassmen, who are unlikely to leave and only have to endure a year or two of sanctions, need the Fr. & Sophs. (who have the most to lose by staying) to be there for them in supporting roles. Whether they like it or not, the older players are married to PSU and its reputation, and I think it's selfish of them to expect the younger guys to stay if it's not in their best interest.

Probably coming from the coaches as well. It will be interesting to see how many of them stay for the full period of the sanctions.

Probably coming from the coaches as well. It will be interesting to see how many of them stay for the full period of the sanctions.

The coaches have said they'll do all they can to keep the players. OBrien has even issued a 'gag' order I read. Not to mention the other players, the former players, the donors, the trustees, the students, the regular fans and everything else internally. Some kids might want to leave but are afraid to step up and do it - to much peer and outside pressure to stay put.

This is the second time they (the players) have had to re-affirm a commitment to PSU.

I can assure you that there would be more attrition if they had let go of LJ and Vanderlinden (which they should have) right after the news hit.

O'Brien must be selling a pretty good story, because someone like Daquan most definitely had lots of choices as to where to transfer.

I think the part of the story that will turn out to be untrue is the 'every week is a bowl game before 108,000 people'. There may be that kind of fan solidarity at the beginning due to the 'us against the world' meme, but I don't see it lasting too long.

I WOULD take PSU and the points vs. the Buckeyes, however...