Class of 2026 - Darien "Pay Day" Moore, City Rocks/Hudson NY | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 Darien "Pay Day" Moore, City Rocks/Hudson NY

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 8 years in a row
Hudson is Lydon territory. Maybe he knows the young man. Elijah is from around there, too, isn't he?

721Comstock

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
Hudson is Lydon territory. Maybe he knows the young man. Elijah is from around there, too, isn't he?

Elijah is Beacon.

That’s like an hour (or more) south.

But still all part of the Hudson Valley region.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Elijah is Beacon.

That’s like an hour (or more) south.

But still all part of the Hudson Valley region.
The biggest difference is that Hudson is part of Section 2 and Pine Plains and Beacon are Section 9. But yes, geographically they aren't too far apart.

Hopkins16

Walk On
Another young hot NY/NJ stud for me to invest 4 years following around as he gets invited to the annual summer camp and receives an offer; I will follow his high school and AAU games; his growth as a player and in national rankings, be highly optimistic as he says a few good things about the program; The usual sharks will circle and make their move in their Johnny come lately way...you know the rest. But, I will still go down the same road because I believe in love although love doesn't believe in me.

orangefog

Another young hot NY/NJ stud for me to invest 4 years following around as he gets invited to the annual summer camp and receives an offer; I will follow his high school and AAU games; his growth as a player and in national rankings, be highly optimistic as he says a few good things about the program; The usual sharks will circle and make their move in their Johnny come lately way...you know the rest. But, I will still go down the same road because I believe in love although love doesn't believe in me.
If he stays City Rocks, there is a chance, mostly likely. If Weitsman gets involved to level the playing field with the "sharks" then we probably have a chance. It would be best if Weitsman got involved with the 2023 class so that we start creating a history of getting the top 15 players again before his class rolls around. I don't know that he will be top 15, but my point stands.

two3zone

RIP Shark58
If he stays City Rocks, there is a chance, mostly likely. If Weitsman gets involved to level the playing field with the "sharks" then we probably have a chance. It would be best if Weitsman got involved with the 2023 class so that we start creating a history of getting the top 15 players again before his class rolls around. I don't know that he will be top 15, but my point stands.
I love this kid, such poise mixed with skill. I want us to be all in on him.

orangefog

I love this kid, such poise mixed with skill. I want us to be all in on him.
Now is the time to start developing that relationship with him. He should have tickets to any game he likes.

cliftonparksufan

As far as I know, Payday is not playing on the varsity team. Hudson is Class B which is what Glens Falls is and Girard played as an 8th grader. This kid seems more advanced than Girard.

DilemaCuse

2nd String
Hard no. The next Starbury.
Why, do you know him personally?

If he was high end talent you want to turn that away? Have you seen our recruiting lately? We are not exactly lighting it on fire with 5 stars especially in the backcourt

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
Darien, I understand, has relocated to the Capital District and is no longer attending the Hudson City Schools. He is going to a private school and is currently not playing ball scholastically (but is playing AAU ball. I will refrain from getting into any more detail at this time. I’m a little bummed as I was looking forward to seeing him progress as a Hudson Bluehawk, but I’m sure I’ll have a chance to watch him live before/if he goes prep.

cliftonparksufan

Darien, I understand, has relocated to the Capital District and is no longer attending the Hudson City Schools. He is going to a private school and is currently not playing ball scholastically (but is playing AAU ball. I will refrain from getting into any more detail at this time. I’m a little bummed as I was looking forward to seeing him progress as a Hudson Bluehawk, but I’m sure I’ll have a chance to watch him live before/if he goes prep.
This was the route some wanted Dior Johnson to take. Unfortunately for Dior, he got happy feet and attended nine high schools across the country. If Payday stays local at least we have a fighting chance, although I am still bitter that Andre Jackson spurned us for Yukon.

hoopsupstate

All American
Andre Jackson is really athletic and would really help our defense this year, but he has no touch or shot shot and he’s out of control at times. He’s also a pretty good passer. He has a strange game. He’s playing more this year, but his production is not that great.

cliftonparksufan

Andre Jackson is really athletic and would really help our defense this year, but he has no touch or shot shot and he’s out of control at times. He’s also a pretty good passer. He has a strange game. He’s playing more this year, but his production is not that great.
Jackson is a very selective shooter which is helping his numbers. In his last seven games combined he is 7 for 9 on his three-point shooting and 69% on his overall shooting. Definitely not a volume shooter though. Plus, he averages 7.7 rbg and 2.5 apg.

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Hard no. The next Starbury.
Yeah, looks terrible.

C7A7A227-A0E2-4022-A0DA-18E151FDE06C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitechapel

Online statistics

Members online